59. Simon Says, Fight

Sam's POV

"Dad, did you forget to take in account that I'm gay", she retorts.

" Who cares about that. We're talking about the future of the company here", he scolds.

With a scoff, Red hurriedly exits the room, slamming the door shut behind her. While I remained where I stood, taken aback by what had just transpired. 'This was not what we discussed. Sure, I expected for there to be turmoil. But I had envisioned it all to be thrown at me, not make a mess of their relationship.'

I look over to the man in question, still seated jaw clenched and fists balled tighter than a clam's as his anger and frustration festers.

His plan for Red now completely in the light. As if went already from what Red told me earlier. It's now confirmed that this man before me is a total sexist prick. It's already bad enough that he is, but towards your own daughter as well.

Before I could fully assess my own feelings, I make my way towards the door Red had left.

"And where do you think your going", his voice booms like thunder on a quiet night. 

"To check on your daughter because unlike you, I care", I challenge turning the door knob to leave.

My fear seeming quite insignificant compared to my hatred towards him for the moment. The door opens quickly revealing a burly uniformed man. He dressed like the other two guards that accompanied Mr. Pierce when we first arrived. Like a great wall, he refused to move. 'Well so much for that'. 

'here lies Samantha, she always thought herself to be a hero. and so, died not minding her own business. That's what your tombstone is gonna say if you push this man any further. Best you comply for now'.

"Take a seat Samantha", Mr. Pierce quipped.

'Not like I have a choice'.

I sit in the couch Mr. Pierce once occupied as he shifted his weight onto the front of the desk, legs crossed at the ankle and his arms folded. 

'Since I'm already in hot water. Might as well make a day of it, bring out the bath bombs and what not'.'No that is the complete opposite of what I told you'.' Aht aht, you say to comply. You didn't say anything about me giving him a piece of my mind'.

"Your a real prick, you know that", I comment. 

Of course this doesn't go over well with him and he quickly stands up from his desk and raises his arm, but nothing happens. I catch his sights pointing at the space beside me. I look over to see the burly man frozen in an attempt to strike me. 

'SEEE what did I tell you. He almost clapped the makeup off our cheeks'. 'Yeah, but he didn't. So chillax '.

"That won't be necessary Chuck. I have something else in store for Ms...". "Well that shortly won't matter", he gestures dismissively. 

' You were saying'.

Was he really going to strike me. With that thought, my heart literally sank to my ass. Even so, I continued my rant. Mr. Pierce did stop hercules over here from striking me, so I guess he is curious if not interested about what I have to say.

"Red deserves to be able to choose who she wants to spend her life with. It's safe to assume that she wants to marry for love and not forced to marry another just to please others and especially not you".

"I have given her that choice", he says matter of factly.

"To a certain extent, maybe, but it makes no difference if the options are all wrong"." A woman can just as well run this company, if not better than a man". 

"Women....don't make me laugh. They are all soft and emotional creatures. Only meant for child rearing and house duties. They serve no purpose working in the hard cooperate world", he scoffs.

"I'll prove it. 

"What was that", he sounds a bit intrigued at my proposal.

"I'll show you just how superior women are". 

"Do pray tell, how are you going to do that".

I had never thought this far ahead. Then again I never thought I'd make it this far with my head still on my body. My frantic thoughts are halted by Mr. Pierce's voice.

"I have a perfect idea."

He picks up the phone stationed on the desk a little distance away. 

"Yes, send him in" he ordered and abruptly hung up afterwards.

In less than a minute a young man steps in.

"Chief", he says acknowledging Mr. Pierce.

He stood firmly, front and center to Red's dad. His demeanor told me he was a bit nervous, but looking at his stoic face alone.. you wouldn't be able to tell. When he had briefly looked at me, I noticed a long scar that ran across his left cheek and his hands showed that he was a hard worker. Small scars heavily peppered each digit, some prominent than others. 

"To prove that women are the superior beings....fight him".

"Excuse me ".

"To change my views on the strength of women. You must prove yours by fighting him and win. No weapons of any kind. A fair hand to hand combat".

'What the fuck is this, medieval times'. 

'Ahhh man, her dad is crazier than I thought. Where is Red. Surely she didn't just leave me here to fend for myself. Then again, this couldn't have not gotten any worse. He could have proposed for me to fight king kong over here or himself'. 

"I beat his ass and Red can marry for love", I ask point in the direction of the challenger.

"IF you come out the victor .. I'll take my daughter's preference into consideration". Okay, sounds easy enough, but I spoke too soon.  The douche of a father wasn't done, " Lose and you die."

'WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAAAAANNN. I knew he was upset about our unsolicited parenting advice'.

My blood now running cold. Hands shaking from fear. I try to get a hold of myself, but to no avail. So I settle to hide my discomfort instead. 

"And if I just refuse", I ask feeling as though I already know the answer to my question.

He smiles knowingly and replies, " You die", a bit of humor present in his voice.

Fucking fantastic.

I know a stubborn man when I see one. He won't take kindly to being pressed on this matter any further. I gave my opponent a good once over, weighing my options. Laughing bitterly, 'Options, you have none sweetie. Just fight the guy, you can take him. He's no bigger than Cole and the others. You got this'.  And so I agreed to his proposal.

"Fine, I'll do it". 

Promptly, he grabs for the phone putting it on speaker this time. A voice emits from the device, "Boss". 

"Prepare the room", he orders.

"Yes, right away". 

Did he had this planned the entire time, the thought parading through my mind violently.

Wait a minute, he said to prepare a room, does that mean.

"Wait, are we doing this now", I ask still in disbelief that this is how my life's going at the moment.

Ignoring me completely, "Off we go", he says exiting the room.

The burly man staying behind to make sure I followed. I muster up whatever courage I have left, praying to whoever's up there to save me from this shit of a situation. Having done that, I leave to be lead to my death.

Red, where the fuck are you.