13. Sleepover

Sam's POV

"Sami you should try the bread they're really good".

"Maybe later I'm full". 

"Oh come on, here just a little piece". 

I roll my eyes and submit, and like she said they were pretty good.

Kate seemed a bit upset over something before she left. 

"Before it's time to head back I want to see your room", Cassie says giving my hand a squeeze.

"Let's clean off the table first". 

Cassie leaps out of her chair and gets to work on the dishes at the table.

"I'll wash them", Kate says making her way into the kitchen. 

"You sure, I mean you did cook, Cassie and I can at least wash the dishes". 

"No it's fine, I got it", she says. 

Kate seems a bit off ever since leaving for the bathroom, I wonder what's up. 

"Come on Sami let's get going, you promised we'd go after we cleared the table", Cassie whines grabbing hold of my arm.

Cassie seems to be a bit more grabby than usual. 

"Yeah yeah I know". 

I look back at Kate one more time for assurance of some kind but she doesn't look back, her focus enthralled in the dishes in front of her. 

"So this is where Sami sleeps huh", Cassie sings throwing herself in my bed. 

She looks up at the pictures on the wall. 

"Sami's been busy", she teases taking a photo from the wall. 

I sit beside her and look at the photo of me and the guys. 

"Cass you know I'm gay". 

"Yeah, I do..", she kisses me on the cheek, "but do they", she continues.  

"Yeah I told them actually".

"Wow".

"Yeah people have become more accepting nowadays".

"They're persistent I'll give them that much".  

 "Cass", I chuckled. 

"What, your beautiful Sami, who wouldn't want you". 

"Maybe, but it's not like that". 

I wish I could tell Kate how much I care for her. I tried once but it all back fired when I decided to come out to my parents first.

As you know they didn't react well to me being gay, sending me away from Kate all those years. I didn't even get to say goodbye. 

Then when I thought that I would never see her again, I attended the community college in my hometown and did, we became room mates. I got another chance to do what I couldn't all those years ago. 

But she's straight and after confessing to my parents I'm afraid that Kate would think the same way.

So I just decided to just stay by her side and help her through her boy troubles, to only support her and be the bestest friend I can be. 

"She doesn't know what she's missing", Cass says resting her forehead against mine her warm hand caressing the side of my face. 

"Thanks Cass". 

 "Sooo can I stay the night instead", she chimes with twinkles in her eyes. 

"Sure, why not", I chuckled. 

She squealed like a typical fan girl and pounced on me taking both of us down onto the bed filling the room with laughter.