7. The End

Stanley's sound asleep, so we both slowly left his room heading down the hall to Cass'. I tap her on the shoulder to get her attention. She stops and  turns around, confusion written all over her face.

I motion to my sealed lips. She looks at me for a minute before laughing hysterically. She covers her mouth with her hand trying her best to keep quiet.

"You know you can just talk right", she says sobering up.

She steps closer to me with an intense gaze and I step back off of instinct. She tugs at my shirt, pulling me toward her.

She looks at me for awhile, I can practically see the wheels in her heads turning. Her gaze moves down my lips and I lip them. Green eyes pierce mine and her mouth turns upright into a sly grin.

"I'll unseal these lips", she starts as she swipes her thumb slowly across them. "If you make it worth my while". 

I take a moment to think of my next move.

"Never mind forget I said anything", she says with a quick smile unlocking the imaginary zipper placed on me.

I grab hold of her hand and kiss her. She kisses me back, her fingers now through my hair. We stop for air, our foreheads now together. We just stand there holding each other without a word.

Holding my hand she leads me to her room. Entering the room she heads to her bed removing the many pillows she had that decorated it.

"That story", I stated closing the door behind me.

"What about it", she asks tossing the last of them and leaving two for us to sleep on.

"It was about the day you and I met".

"You remember", she smiles getting into bed.

I did the same.

"Of course".

She turns on her side to face me and I do the same. Looking down for a moment she has smile that seems a bit bittersweet than happy.

She looks up at me and says," he grew tired of the story books, so I made one up using one of the two memorable moments I shared with you".

" what's the other one", I asked curiously.

She began tracing small circles in the space that separated us. Her cheeks turn a little pink.

"I don't think that one's appropriate for young ears to hear", she says biting back a smile.

My eyes grew to the size of saucers. She looks at me and she blushes even harder.

"Could you stop looking at me like that", she protests throwing the covers over her flushed face.

I pull the sheets away from her face, only for it to be covered by her hands. I laughed at her antics. She's so cute, I thought in this moment.

"Come on let's get some sleep", I say switching off the lamp beside
me .

She doesn't move, but stares up at the ceiling as if searching for something.

"Whats up with the girl that sent you here. What happened", she asks still gazing at the ceiling.

"Cass I'm not going to talk about this with you".

"I'm a big girl Sam", she argues.

That might be so, but I don't think it's fair to talk to her about another girl I have feelings for. Cass wasn't showing any intention in turning off the lamp. So instead I reached over and did it myself.

The tears streaming across her face that shone in the lamp's light didn't go unnoticed. I returned to my side of the bed, unsure of what to do.
Before I could take action, she springs up and heads for the bathroom without a word.

The sound of running water fills the room. Is she going to take another shower or is that the sink. She didnt carry any clothes with her. A few minutes later she comes out and the silence in the room was almost deafening. Her hasted foot steps are the only sounds heard. She enters the bed her back now facing me.

"Cassie", I whisper.

She doesn't respond.

"Cass", I call out leaning towards her but she continues to ignore me

She continues to ignore me .

"Cass look at me", I try one last time now sitting upright in bed.

Frustrated, I run my hands through my hair and let out a heavy sigh. Caving in and telling her my problems isn't going to help this situation. So I just did the only thing I could think of.

I made my way beside her, wrapping my around her and pulling her closer. Setting into the embrace, Cass turns to me and holds me tightly. I can just barely breathe.

Running my hands through her hair and kissing her forehand as I whisper assuring words to her. She finally calms down and falls soundly to sleep. Looking at her now, the moonlight shining through, illuminating her face revealing the tears that tainted it.

Why can't I just stay here with Cass. Live our lives together on the farm. Everything would be so much simpler. I mean, I love Cass, I do. So what's holding me back. Well, that'll be my love for my best friend Katelyn Danvers.