48. Interrupted

Happy Easter everyone!!!🙋

Kates POV

"Kate wake up, you've got to get ready for work", she says rubbing my arm and planting a kiss in my hair.
I have to admit, I can get used to this. Waking up with her in my arms. Her being the first person I see and the last when ending the day.
She stirs beside me, gently grabbing hold of my arm. I already know what she's trying to do, so I tighten my hold around her.

"Kate we both have to get going, there's no time", she laughs.

"Just a little longer, please", I say still half asleep.

She stops her advances and runs her fingers through my hair. A few minutes later I reluctantly release her so she can go for her morning run.

"You know you can skip a day of running", I point out wrapped in the bed sheets.

"Yeah, but then the ladies would riot", she replied.

I throw a pillow at her, a shocked expression on her face. I throw another one that went straight for its mark. I was immensely satisfied, but that didn't last long. Now armed with a pillow, she makes her way to me in the bed.

"Sam no, don't you dare", I warned.

First she creeps to give me time to understand what's about to happen, then she pounces slapping the pillow at me in every direction.

"Okay, okay I give", I yelled.

She pauses, pillow raised in the air ready for another strike. Her toned abs on full display for me.

"Babe", a voice bellowed.

Our attention snapped to the door. My soul had completely left my body at the sudden realization of who it was.

"Shit", I sighed getting out of bed.

Perfect timing Dylan, just perfect. Sam says something but I don't hear her. My thoughts moving at such an intense rate. My attention finally regained, I catch Sam's hand before she makes a move to open the door.

"Sam wai-", I try to stop her.

"Don't worry,  I'll make up something", she says as she turns to leave.

That wasn't the reason why I stopped her though. I mean yeah, I'm going to need to think of a story to tell Dylan as to why I'm half naked in my bestfriend's room, but that's beside the point.

Mumbling can be heard from the other side of the door. I place my ear on it so I can hear a bit clearly, but it was no use. So I just stood there with my ear on the door, waiting for both Sam and Dylan to leave.

Sam's POV

"Kate's not here", I state to Dylan as I walk past him to grab an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Oh, then where is she", he follows.

"I'm not your girl's keeper, if I was she wouldn't be seeing you", I retorted.

"Tell me something, what have I ever done to you. I mean I'm trying for Kate, but your making this real difficult than it has to be".

Why won't this shit bag shut up already and just leave. Ughh, having a conversation with him is torture enough.

"I know your a dyke, but you hate guys that much that you can't coexist with one".

What did he just say, did he just call me a dyke. I mean sure I am but who the fuck does he think he is.

"Who the fuck are you, as if you give two shits about anything but yourself.
You and I both know who Dylan Michael really is, so cut the bullshit. The guy that all the girls 'knew'. Sleeping around with anyone that had boobs and walked, and I bet that you still do. Your a frigging disgusting pig yet you some how believe you have the right to call me a dyke".

"That's what you are, a dyke", continued.

Ohhh, he's threading on thin ice now. I walk towards him, ready to punch his face in.

"Call me a dyke one more time and I'll beat your ass", I say now in his face.

Something catches my eye for a quick second, so I look past 'the douche' and into the hall. Kate, why is she out of the room.

"Is everything okay here", she asks walking into view.

She now has on a pair of sweats and a big t-shirt with a small blanket wrapped around her.

"Morning babe, uhh everything is fine are you feeling any better", he says kissing her on the forehead with a quick hug.

"Yeah, I'm a bit better now", she says stealing a quick glance at me.

I guess I can get started on my run. I've got some pent up anger right now that I need to let out. Leaving, the conversation continues without me. Just at the door, Kate calls out to me, so I turn around.

"Thanks for..taking care of me last night", she says, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Of course, Dylan is watching me like a guard dog, but I don't give two shits.

"Yeah, it was my pleasure", I smiled.

Looking past her I see that I was right, Dylan is watching us and Kate's blushing hard.

"I really think you should rest a bit more before going to work, your face is still a bit red", I feign ignorance.

I place my hand along the side of her face, my thumb caressing her cheek. Her eye now wide open as she tenses beneath my touch. I place a long kiss on her forehead. Is Dylan pissed, of course he is.

I could feel him throwing daggers at me the entire time. With that I left happy as a fiddle.