27. Temptation

Kate's POV

Dodging Sam this morning was a success. I know I can't avoid her forever, but it doesn't stop me from trying. I'm at work way to early 
because of it but if that's the price I must pay, then so be it.

I drop my purse onto my desk, sitting down, taking in my surroundings.With a long sigh, I open my journal that holds the names of students that have spoken to me along with their future scheduled appointments. 

Reading over some of my previous discussions with them, I hear a knock at the door. Its too early for students to be here already, maybe its Rose. Then again she's often late. My senses now on high alert I reach for my phone not taking my eyes off of the door.

"Who is it", I call out.

"Kate it's me, open up we need to talk". 

On hearing the voice, my heart immediately speeds up and my palms become sweaty. Why is she here, I'm at work for crying out loud. I didn't 
think she'd come by. I'm not ready to talk about what happened between us. I reluctantly make my way to the door.

Adjusting my skirt that rode up a little when I sat down and ran my fingers through my hair, tidying it. When I was satisfied about my appearance
I took a breathe before opening the door. There she was, hands tucked away in the front pockets of her navy jeans.

"Can I come in, please", she asks her hand rubbing the back of her neck. 

Her black leather jacket flares open to reveal a white tshirt and black suspenders. 

"Oh right, sorry", stepping back to allow her to walk in. 

Her lovely scent trailing behind her effects me so much I can't think straight.

"We should really talk about what happened", Sam says taking a seat.

 Of course she wants to talk about that. I take the seat adjacent to her trying to avoid eye contact, not knowing how to start the conversation. She turns my chair to face hers, but I still avoid her eyes. Her hands on either side of my chair, I can feel her eyes on me. 

Making me really self conscious, crossing my legs and correcting my posture. 

"What happened", I repeated.     

 "You kissed me and then left with that... Dylan", she corrected herself after she caught my glares at what she originally wanted to say.

"Dylan's a great guy and I like him very much".

"If he's so great why kiss me then", she retorts. 

I stand up to make my way behind my desk to another seat to get a few feet away from her. I should've known that wouldn't work with stubborn Sam. She caught me as I took the first step towards my desk. Grabbing hold of my arm she pulled me to face her. 

"Kate would you look at me, please", she begs as I'm trying my best not to. 

Last time I looked into those big blue eyes of hers, I kissed her. I don't think I should chance it. The kiss surfaces back to mind as I bite my lip in frustration. The soft feeling, the sweet taste, everything about it was amazing. 

"Don't do that", she says tilting my chin upwards as she traces my lips with her finger. 

Her touch yet again sends a shiver through my spine and something hot down to my core. I'm now forced to look in her beautiful eyes that are now a darker shade of blue. Her eyes clouded with an emotion I haven't seen from her before. 

The atmosphere in the room rapidly changing. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here. 

"Sam I...I was drunk", I said not believing a word that came out of my mouth.

I take a few steps back from her to put some distance between us. To my surprise there wasn't much of it when my backside met the front of my desk, great. Now I'm trapped between the desk and hot temptation. 

"Really you were drunk from just a sip of beer", Sam said in disbelief.

She's now tracing her finger along my neck, god it feels so good I can't concentrate on anything else. I clench the end of the desk trying to control my sanity.

I feel her hand make it's way to the base of my back, just like last time. It sends me over yet again as she pulls me to her firm body that stiffens beneath my touch. 

"Are you drunk now", she whispers. 

Her breath brushing against my ear. She runs her soft lips at the back of my ear to the crook of my neck, leaving hot wet trails with 
every kiss.

My body quivers in response to her sultry actions. I crane my neck to the side to give her more access, gripping the sides of her shirt. A strange feeling throbs between my legs, my body again just doing what it wants.

The kisses stop, causing me to open my eyes. Sam's now looking at me with a smug look on her face.

"Why'd you stop", I ask ignoring that look of hers. 

She smiles at that, her eyes beaming at me. Her lips finally tend to mine and it's just as before, maybe even better. 

The kiss starts out soft and sweet, quickly becoming heated and passionate. Sam moves both her hands under my skirt grabbing at my
ass, causing me to moan.

She lifts me up, placing me on top of the desk without breaking the kiss. I push her jacket off her shoulders,
she quickly pulls it off her arms dropping it to the floor. Bringing her attention back to my neck, I let out another moan.

Sam unbuttons my blouse revealing my victoria secret white laced bra which clasped in the front, thank God I decided to wear it today. Within seconds my breasts were revealed.

She took a minute to look at them, her eyes glued to them with such intensity. Being under her lustful gaze
sent even more pleasure to my core. I grew wetter by the second under her gaze. A whole new feeling running through me.

A kind of confidence and warm fuzzy feeling in my chest.  

"Kate your beautiful", she says in admiration. 

"Stop talking", I instructed tugging her towards me and taking possession of her sweet lips again.

My legs wrap themselves around her, pulling her to me as close as she can be. I grabbed her head pulling her into me, deepening the kiss.

I moaned into her mouth as her hands worked wonders on the tips of my breasts. Her hand trailed down my stomach then up my inner thigh, finally reaching my core. That's when reality struck me like a bucket of ice cold water. 

"Wait", I said stopping her hand from going any further. 

Images of Dylan appear in my head causing a cloud of guilt to leer above me.

"What's wrong", she says filled with concern as she sobers up.

Her thumbs rubbing circles on my thighs in a soothing manner. 

"I.. I can't do this to Dylan", I tell her looking down at my hands. 

I know she's upset, she always is when I bring him up. She retracts her hands from my skin taking the soothing warmth with her, this saddens me. 

"Fine", she mutters retrieving her jacket from the floor furiously.

"Sam", I call out to her.

"Sam wai-", I try a second time. 

But it's too late, the door slams shut and I'm left alone in a disheveled state. What have you gotten yourself into Kate.