45. Found

Kate's POV

Its been a long night. I finally got a hold of a very drunk Sam, though Sam none the less. It was a huge pain bringing her home in the state she's in. Not able to stand and smothered in the scent of cigarettes, I threw her in a cold shower as soon as I got her to her room.

I left her a while ago to grab a glass of water and pain killers for later, so she should be finished by now. I decide to check on her, making sure to knock this time. Silence is heard throughout the house not a pin drop can be heard.

I knock again, placing my ear on the door as if to locate her in the room using my super hearing powers. Bracing myself for whatever state she's in, I slowly open the door and enter the room. Flashes of what happened in here a few hours prior resurface fresh in my mind.

I try to stay focus on helping Sam get settled for bed as best as I can, but it's becoming a bit of a  struggle.

"Sam", I called out.

She's nowhere to be found in here . Groans and the flush of the toilet comes from the bathroom. Resting the glass of water and pills down on her nightstand, I head towards the bathroom.

There Sam was,  retching the contents she had consumed into the toilet. Seeing her like this brings the turmoil within me down a bit. If this is what happens when you drink then I don't want any part of it. Not long after, Sam had finally calmed down laying under her blankets fast asleep.

"Stay", she said.

My hand now on the door about to leave, I turn towards her and then at my door where Dylan is fast asleep on the other side, weighing the pros and cons.

"Never mind, forget I said anything", she mutters turning on her side.

Her back turned to me, why do I feel like the bad guy all of a sudden. I close the door and ease into the bed beside her. She turns to me, holding me close and burying her face into my neck.

"Don't barf on me now", I say welcoming the closeness.

She nuzzles her face closer and gives me a light squeeze.

Sam POV

A faint smell of cinnamon surrounds my nose, taking a deep breath I open my eyes to welcome the morning. For some reason I feel happy and at ease.

Waking up along with the sun, nothing seems to be pissing me off at the moment like usual. It's probably because of this beautiful girl in front of me. She looks so comfortable in my clothes, fast asleep without a care in the world.

I don't really want to leave, but I know it's too good to be true to think she'll stay once she wakes up. That being said I don't want to be here when she does, watching the exact moment when my good morning becomes a shitty day.

So I'll leave while I'm still in a good mood. Its just about time for my morning run anyways. Changing into a gym bra and shorts, since Kate's wearing my favorite leggings. I brush a thumb across her cheek and plant a kiss before exiting my room, closing the door behind me.

"Uhh Sam hey, have you seen Kate I woke up and she's gone", Dylan asked scratching the back of his head.

Part of me wants to tell him exactly where Kate is, just to see his face knowing that I took his girlfriend.

"No I haven't, Kate and I aren't talking at the moment", I state strapping my phone to my arm and placing my buds in.

"Your girlfriend wouldn't like it if she heard that you're staring at her best friend like that", I threaten sending him a glare before I'm out of the loft.

My morning was good while it lasted.

Kate's pov

Ughh, the sun. Why is it morning already, I'm so tired. The room is lit up bright despite the closed curtains. Sitting up I stretch out my arms, releasing a big yawn. My eyes finally adjusting and my mind finally up and running.

I notice that this isn't my room but Sam's. Is Dylan still here, wheres Sam. I can't have him finding out I slept in Sam's room last night instead of with him. What's he gunna think? I know, I'll just text Dylan to find out where he is, that's a good plan, right.

Searching for my phone I remember that I left it in the kitchen when getting a glass of water for Sam. This is fucking fantastic. Should I just wait for Sam when she's done with her run. She should be back soon, depending on when she went. I'm hoping she's on her way back, it's five minutes after six.

Five minutes goes by waiting on Sam to return. Boredom hits me quickly. Finding myself tinkering with items on her dresser, I find a small triangular piece. A guitar pick, I thought to myself. Then where's the guitar, I look around along the walls and in her closet, but nothing.

Fully determined I make a bee line for the bed. Maybe she has it underneath here. My guess was correct when my hand came in contact with it.

"Gotta say, I'm loving this view", a familiar voice says.

"Sam", I said a bit too loudly.

Caught in the act, removing my hand from the guitar, I stood up feeling completely embarrassed.

"I was just.. waiting for you when I found a guitar pick.. on your dresser", I pointed at the dresser.

"I figured you must have your own guitar, so I got curious and started looking", I explained myself as Sam scanned me up and down my frame.

Leaning on the door frame with her arms folded to her chest, her eyes a bit narrow as if she can see right through me. She looks at me, our eyes meeting. She pushes off the wall, walking over to me.

Or that's what I had thought. She passes me completely, lowering her body to where the guitar was placed under the bed. Unsuccessful in her efforts she bends even lower, her chest placed on the carpeted floor and her firm ass turns up even higher. I couldn't help but stare, biting my lip to control my actions to the sight of this erogenous position.

"Like what you see", she asked a smile obviously across that face of hers.

I refuse to reply, looking anywhere but at her. A melody plays from the guitar. Looking in her direction I see Sam, sitting at the end of the bed strumming the guitar as she looks at me with a smile across her face.

She begins to sing, "just say you won't let go". The lyrics captured me. Sitting beside her and watching her play as she sang so beautifully. She was singing for me and the way she looked at me at some points of the song, I knew it was a promise and that she meant every word.

"Sam that was beautiful", I say a bit choked up at the moment.
What am I doing, I don't deserve Sam. She just wants to be with me and I can't seem to choose. It should be simple, all I wanted was to be with her.

Now that I have that chance, why am I not taking it. What the hell is wrong with me. Who am I to think that I can have both. I'm just being selfish and it's not fair to her, to any of them.
Tears threatening to run down my face. I close my eyes, wiping away the tears with the back of my hands as I take a deep breath.

"Heyy, come on, no crying", she says placing the guitar away.

Scooting closer, she takes my hands into hers and kisses them. Her soft lips and cool blue eyes. I take possession of her lips as my own, just as sweet as I remember. She kisses me back fervently, our tongues battling for dominance.

A moan escapes me as her hand grabs at my breast. I run my hand along her thigh, she stops everything. Why stop it now, don't you want this as much as I do. My heart racing and lips a bit swollen. Her eyes, I could only guess mirror mine in this moment.

She does want this, so why did she stop. Sam gets up and heads to the door, closing it shut and locking for good measure. I didn't even think about the door, I don't think I even cared at this point if it was open or close. I just want her.

"Take those off", she commands pushing her shoes off of her feet.

I did as she said, watching her every move as she came closer to me. Taking my hand she leads us into the bathroom. I know I'm being selfish wanting this to happen and encouraging it, but I don't care. My days of not being selfish will start tomorrow. Today, my fantasy comes true.