33. Damn Truck

Kate's POV

Me being 3 inches shorter for one and the other fact that I'm only in a towel defeats the purpose of coming on as intimidating.

"Yeah Sam I get it, you thought I was someone else you don't need to remind me", I spat at her.

Her eyes went wide for a second quickly averting her eyes, paying more attention to the ceiling.

"Just out of curiosity though, who did you think I was", I interrogated.

"I... I thought you were Cass", she replied rubbing the back of her neck.

My heart had shattered in a million pieces from her reply. She thought I was her country friend. So I was right they are itimitate with each other. I scoffed slamming the door in her face and went for my clothes I had layed out for me on the bed.

Thank God I have some place to be right now cuz I don't want to stay here any longer. Grabbing my phone I call for an uber. 15 mins later they arrived. I grabbed my purse and keys and made my way out the door. Sam was nowhere in sight which I was grateful for.

But I spoke too soon, I didn't see her because she wasn't inside but outside waving my uber goodbye.

"What the hell Sam", I yell throwing my hands in the air.

"Where are you going, I'll take you", she says with her hand out motioning for my bag.

"In what Sam, you don't have a car and--", I yelled backing away from her.

"How do you think I got here", she says matter of factly with her arms crossed tilting her head to a grey truck.

A Thousand bucks says it belongs to her country gal, fan-fucking-tastic. I look at Sam and then back at the overused truck. I only have 15 minutes to get to the cafe. I don't have time for this. I get in the truck, sitting in the back seat and leaving Sam behind. Sam gets in and let's out a heavy sigh.

"Kate why are you sitting in the back, get in the front ", she says not making a move to start the truck.

"I'm gunna be late can you just drive", I reminded her.

She doesn't say or do anything, but stare out of the car window. Fuck, now I have ten minutes to get there, fine. I get out slamming the door and enter the front seat. She finally starts the car a satisfied smile on her face.

I want to punch her so bad but I refrain from doing so. The ride was quiet until Sam decided to turn to the radio. And of course the worst song had to be playing at that moment. She doesn't change it but let's it play on during the ride.

She knows how much I hate this song. I glare daggers at the side of her head. At some point she feels this, giving me a quick look, a smile slowly growing on her face. Many things came to mind at that moment.

Me wondering how her lips tasted and the other on just her cheerful smile. How it can just light up a room and make me forget what I was upset about, well, almost. I'm still sitting in a reminder that shes been staying with her country friend. I know I can't be like this.

I have Dylan and he's great. This is just an experiment that should not be pursued. Thankfully, we arrive at the cafe right before my brain could shed more light on the term experiment. I got out of the car and entered the cafe as if there was no place I'd rather be.

Which in turn was the truth. Being around Sam right now is not a good idea. Don't get me started on the places my mind goes when I'm around her. Ah come on Kate, get a grip. I shake off the thoughts in search for a familiar face.

"Morning Ms Danvers".