25. Euphoria

This chapter is a bit short so I'll post another in the morning. Goodnight🙃

Kate's POV

That dream I had about Sam has been bothering me all night. I can't seem to focus on anything but her lately. Its like all of my senses are always heightened when she's around. I've met her friends, they seem like nice guys.

I'm surprised I haven't seen that slutty cashier girl yet and for Sam to think I'm jealous is ridiculous. Right now Sam is leading me to the bathroom. She's been holding my hand every chance she get's all night and everytime she does my stomach flips.

I could've sworn when she caught me, her hand had lingered at my lower back. Her touch made me feel something I haven't felt with anyone. I don't know what to do with these emotions.

I'll just cool myself down to clear my head. We finally made it to the bathroom. I quickly run to the sink like my life depended on it and in some sense it did. Fuck, that didn't help at all.

Flashes of my dream from earlier appear in my head. Come on Kate get a hold of yourself. 

"What was that back there", I ask trying to distract myself from all the other unanswered questions in my head. 

"What was what", she asked. 

There she goes playing the ignorance card. I could've sworn she purposely had her hand where it was. Her finger gently brushing back and forth against my lower back. Coming out of my reverie I'd realize that she's now closer than she was before. 

"Nevermind".

I tried placing all of my attention on adjusting my make up and not on Sam's presence, but it was proving very difficult.

"Ready", she asks holding her hand out for mine as I was closing my purse.

The thought of holding her hand has my stomach doing somersaults. I don't understand my feelings anymore. I did want to be closer to Sam like we used to be, but not like this.

" I remembered the way", I said not waiting for her response. 

I need to put some distance In between me and Sam until I can figure out what this is I'm feeling. 

"Umm sorry I'm with someone", Sam said. 

This stopped me in my tracks. I turned around to see the woman she rejected. She was taller than me, then again everyone is. She's wearing a black bondaged halter top that showed too much cleavage and black leather pants with lace heels. She looks to be ten years older than us.

"Aww come on just one dance, one can't hurt", she whined.

The old hag is practically throwing herself at Sam. I've had enough, she's too close. I charge at Sam's side grabbing hold of her arm and pulling her in the direction of the rest of the guys.

Why does she have to be such a player. That thing she said to the old lady, that she's with someone. Was she referring to me. My heart beat skipped a beat. No, it can't be. She had to have been referring to the slutty 
cashier. I guess she did invite her after all.

Suddenly I was yanked around, before I knew what was happening Sam's eyes on me are all I see. We're back in the same position as before, my body secured in her arms. Her face just mere inches away, just like my dream.

Next thing I knew, my body began to take over. My mind went blank and in seconds was filled with bliss. Everything went still around me, the loud booming of the music gone.

How does the saying go, all good things must end. It was getting a bit difficult to breathe, which woke 
me up from my euphoria.