26. Confusion

Sam's POV 

I know I looked stupid the rest of the night, with a gigantic grin on my face, but I didn't care. The love of my life, my straight best friend, kissed me.It was magical, it was heated and passionate.

I loved every second of it. It keeps playing over and over in my head. Her soft lips meeting mine, our tongues dancing with one another and the fact that she kissed me sends me over.

I wish that moment had never ended. We didn't have a chance to talk about it because she decided to look at her phone. Lo and behold Dylan texted about a million times.

After meeting up with the guys, they all were looking at me with weird expressions. Our little get together had been cut short when Kate and Dylan decided to leave. The boys were confused looking at me for answers as to why she wanted to leave so soon. 

Surprise to them, my face mirrored the same. The thing is that Kate never once looked at me since we kissed. I didnt understand what was happening. I mean she kissed me.

Why is she all over Dylan right now as if nothing happened between us two minutes ago. My heart saddens while a voice claws at me wanting to be set free, wanting to express its rage.

I mean what the fuck was that. Does she have no consideration for my feelings. Right now, I'm on my morning run. Trying to forget what had happened last night, but failing miserably. Nothings working to calm my nerves. Not the music, the run, yelling into the sun kissed sky.. nothing.

I need some closure, some explanation as to why she's treating me like this. So I set in mind to talk to her today before she leaves for work. With determination in my strides, I make a strong dash back to the loft. 

"Kate you still here, we need to talk", I call out waiting for her to appear before me as I attempt to control the pace of my breathing. 

She doesn't reply. I make my way to her room, searching the others as I go along. 

"Kate you in there, open up", I call out with a knock, no answer.

I grab my phone from the kitchen where I left it and dial her number. On hearing the dial tone, I wait patiently for her to pick up. My 
heart skips a beat upon hearing her voice, but eased after realizing that it was just her voicemail. 

'Seriously Kate', I sighed running my fingers through my hair that's drenched in sweat. I'm going to take a shower and head over to her 
office. She can't avoid me there.