31. Stay

"Don't worry about it, I'll get over you in no time".

As I said that, Katelyns expression saddens even more. Did I say something wrong. I thought she'd be glad to hear that. Silent tears begin to stream down her face.

"heey, what's wrong", I whisper wiping away the tears.

She takes my hand from her face and looks away with out a word.

"you call me crying and now that I'm here you don't want to talk, come on Kate what's up", I say a little annoyed.

"did Dylan do something, did he hit you", my anger escalates just by the thought I stand up and check out her face for any injuries.

If he had so much as flick her.

"I'm fine Sam, Dylan didn't hurt me", she says standing up in her attempt to calm my nerves. A fleeting smile on her face. She holds the sides of my shirt.

"my insecurities are just getting the better of me, that's all", she says her face going sullen.

I hug her and she doesn't refuse or fight it, but embraces me burying her face in my neck.
Nothing is said for a while. We just stay their holding each other. Her hair smells of apple cinnamon. Being tall, I can't help but Bury my face in her hair.

"Sam", she calls out.

Shit busted.

"uhh yh", I clear my throat.

"are you staying tonight", she says embracing me a bit tighter as if I'll disappear.

" I guess I am", I say.

"Then can I sleep with you", she asks.

I almost didn't hear what she said, but I did. My heart went from 0 to 100 in less than a second.
I didn't know how to reply if I could reply, my mind froze.

"never mind forget it, it was a stupid idea", she says leaving our embrace.

The warmth, the butterflies, all of it leaves along with her.

"hey wait I-I didn't say that", I say catching her arm to stop her.

Her beautiful Hazel brown eyes look at me with an intense gaze filled with light.

"you can..you can sleep with me if you want", I have no doubt that my face is red right now.

I release her quickly and cover up my face in embarrassment.

"oh I-I I didn't mean--", she tries to explain flailing her arms in defense.

"yeah I know what you meant", I laughed grabbing a large t-shirt and toss it to her.

"now hurry get change and come to bed", I ushered her to the bathroom.

"my room is right across the hall though I can just change there right", she pointed out.

"I mean you can but why would you when you have a change of clothes in hand and the bathroom right in front of you", I reasoned.

I'm also pushing this because well I want to see her in my clothes, so, call me a cliche.

"right", she mutters coming to agreement.

She goes inside closing the door behind her. When I hear the click of the lock. A huge smile that stretches from ear to ear appears on my face.

I know this doesn't mean anything for us but I can't help it. I throw punches in the air and throw myself into the bed smiling in wait for Kate to walk out.

Kate's POV

Ughh katelyn stop blushing. Your redder than a freaking tomato painted red. I splash cold water on my face, hopefully that'll help. Sam came home and now I'm in her bathroom and wearing her clothes.

I mean I'm the one that asked to, but now that I'm doing just that it seems crazy. I mean no biggie right, we did that often when we were kids and a few times in our university years. So what's the harm now, right.

I look in the mirror now wearing Sam's shirt. A fuzzy feeling grows in my chest and a smile I can't help grows on my face. My nerves get the better of me. I can tell as I reach for the doorknob my hand trembles. Relax Katelyn it's just Sam, no biggie. No matter how much times I say it my heart rate continues to beat rapidly.

I take one more deep breath and return my attention to the door. Get a grip Katelyn, I tell myself before I open the door exiting the bathroom. I make no effort to look in her direction making my way to the bed and keeping my eyes to the ground. Nothing can be heard for five whole minutes as I sat there awkwardly.

Finally deciding to look. I turn my head just a little looking her way in my peripheral vision. Her body just lied there still, while her shoulders moved up and down. She's asleep, how long was I In the bathroom for. I grab my hair in frustration.

What's up with me, having all of these giddy feelings that teenagers are known for. I'm too old to be acting like this. I shake my head at the way I've been acting and join Sam under the covers. She fell asleep on her back with her hand behind her head facing me. She's so cute when she's asleep.

Her hair covers a fraction of her face, so I comb it upwards with my fingers . Her long eyelashes move just a bit causing me to freeze for a moment. She doesn't wake up though. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I pull my hand back deciding I should keep my hands to myself.

I remember the day she took us to the park to our favorite tree. I didn't think she remembered, but she always does that. Surprising me in ways I wouldn't expect from her.