17. Tell Her

On a monday night, business at the bar is really slow. Which is a huge plus for me. I work as a bartender at a bar called Lucky's.

The guys decided to show up tonight and they're driving me crazy. Danny persistantly tries to find a way to get me to talk about Kate.

Telling me that I should let it out and talk about how I really feel about the situation. Cole and Thomas team up to get laid with a few girls in this party group at the end of the room. While Estephon dominates the karaoke machine, well in his own sense.

But honestly it's difficult to understand him from his thick arabic accent alone. Finally Bruce, who's more like the quiet type sits a bar stool away from Danny with four shots in front of him.

A few people would hit on me from time to time but that comes with the territory. 

"Come on Sam, your killing our mojo", Thomas says. 

I laugh, "who says mojo". 

It's fun to mess with Thomas and Cole's game once and awhile.

"Besides, it's not my fault they prefer my company than yours".

"Whatever, hand me two beers". 

I handed him two beers and began wiping down the countertop.

"Sam it's about time we talk about Kate", Danny persists for the millionth time.

Does he not have anything better to do besides pester me about my relationship with Kate. 

"Fine Danny, you all know I have feelings for Kate",  I pointed out.

"Yeah, but when are you going to tell her that, have you even told her your gay".

I laugh, "Tell her my feelings, not going to happen she has a boyfriend and she's straight what good is that going to do. And telling her that I'm gay is a definite no". 

"So what if she has a boyfriend, I'm not telling you to break them up, just tell her how you feel about her".

"If you can't do that then at least come out to her", Bruce joins in. 

I look at both of them, thinking about what they just said. 

"If she's like you've said then she would understand", Danny implies.

 "Your right, but it's not like I've been hiding the fact that I'm gay, it just never came up", which is the truth.

"So why not tell her now", Danny asks.

Its just that I'm also terrified of what she would think of me afterwards. That she may react just how my parents did and I'll lose my best friend. Danny has a point though, if there's anyone that can accept me for who I am it would be Kate. Well, I hope so.

"Fine, your right I should at least tell her I'm gay". 

"Good", he crosses his arms and smiles.

He can be such a pain, I sigh and resume my duties . The rest of the night runs smoothly without any hiccups.