52. Love

Kate's POV

Awoken by the brightest of lights, I squint my eyes in annoyance. My head searing with pain. So this is what a hangover is like. Getting up, I notice a glass of water and beside it a few pills. I take both immediately and make my way to the bathroom. 

'Shit I look a mess', I thought as I stared at my reflection. What happened last night, I look terrible. I stood there for awhile attempting to recollect what had happened last night. Then I remembered, I went to Sam.....but she was busy - obviously....she promised that we'd talk when we got home .... but I fell asleep. I let out a long agitated sigh as I hung my head over the sink. 

'Okay this time, we're going to have that talk'. There is nothing in my way now. Opening the bathroom door to leave, I stop in my tracks and return to the mirror. 

'Were you going to talk to Sam looking like that. Like dude, what the hell. No no no we are going to look presentable and sane as possible and not whatever this is', I say motioning to my entire face. 

I dress in a loose red blouse with my black pencil skirt, to give me a confidence boost and a pair of red bottom heels. ' Okay....much better, maybe a bit too much but whatever'. Looking myself over in the mirror one last time, flashes of the previous time Sam visited to apologize bubble to the surface. Her soft lips and strong arms. I remember how she struggled with her words the entire time. I thought it was so adorable. 

Leaving my room - now on a mission, I head towards Sam's room. I knock a few times, but no response. Trying again, I call out to her but nothing. Opening the door she was nowhere to be found. A bit discouraged I decided to search for her in the living room and kitchen. To no avail, she's not here. I check the time and notice that it's still a bit early. 'That explains her absence'.

A piece of paper I hadn't seen sits on the kitchen countertop. It read :

                   Morning beautiful, I made breakfast it's in the microwave if your up for it. At least a few bites and lots of water. I'll be back in a bit.                                                - xoxo

 A smile now visible on my face as I warm the food in the microwave. Taking a seat at the table with my plate of french toast, the front door opens revealing a drenched Sam. Awaiting patiently for her to turn around to really appreciate the work of art before me. Have I ever mentioned how amazing her body looks.

'Okay Kate, reel it in'.

Focus, you're to talk to Sam about the other night not to drool over how hot she is. She doesn't take any notice of me ogling at her as she makes her way to the kitchen and into the fridge. Music blaring from her headphones as usual, she takes out a little container of fruits and eats at the counter. That's when she looks up and returns my gaze. 

"How long were you there", she asks a bit surprised. 

She removes her headphones and joins me at the table. Her strides become a bit slower the nearer she got. 

"What's the matter", I ask. 

"Uhhh, n-n-nothing it's nothing", she replies making a bee line for the seat at the other side of the table.

"You sure", I ask raising a perfectly drawn eyebrow at her. 

"Positive", she states refusing to look at me. 

"Samantha", I call out. 

"Mmhmm", she replies with a mouth full of fruits and eyes focused on the contents of the container.

Okay enough of this. This is ridiculous, we should be able to have a sensible conversation. This is going nowhere. I get out of my seat and make my way towards her. Pulling the dish away, I sit in it's place. 

"I wasn't done with that" , she says with eyes set on the container.

"There's nothing in it", I state.

"Not true there's still a-"

I take the last fruit and place it in my mouth, slowly eating it.

"grape.", she continues in defeat. 

"Now, do I have your attention", I ask putting one leg over the other in triumph. 

"Yes, Yes. You. Do.", she replies.

"Eyes up here", I ordered. 

"Uh oh I'm, I'm sorry", she stammers closing her eyes.

Taking a deep breath in and out, she opens her eyes and continues, "Yes".

"We were suppose to talk about what happened the night before, remember", I asked.

"Yeah, what about". 

"Oh come on Sam, don't play dumb with me. What were you going to tell me before he showed up". 

"Are you sure your ready for this conversation", she asks with complete seriousness in her eyes.

"What do you mean if I'm sure. I am the only one that seems to want to talk about it", I point out crossing my arms.

"You're childish, bossy, emotionally sensitive, indecisive and quite a handful", she comments placing her hand on my knee tenderly.

"If you didn't want to talk about it just say so. I'm not gonna sit here and have you insult me", I boast pushing her hand away and getting up to leave. 

She quickly gets up and traps me between her and the table. "Let me finish", she retorts. 

 "No Sam jus- just forget it", I argue trying to leave. 

Sam POV

"No Sam jus- just forget it", she shouts trying to leave.

I stand my ground, preventing her from leaving as she relentlessly tries to escape. I grab her face with both hands and kiss her. This stops her completely, thank God.

Stubborn, I forgot stubborn but I can't bring that up now or she'll really leave. So I continue, my arms holding her close to me but not enough to get my sweat on her nice clothes.

"Your also kindhearted, thoughtful, forgiving, beautiful and selfless", I say caressing the side of her face as I look into her eyes and continue, "the good and bad parts of yourself is what I love about you...I love you Katelyn".

She opens her mouth to say something but no words come out. An unreadable expression all over her face.

"It's fine you don't have to say it back, but something would be better than nothing", I laugh nervously.

Maybe I went too far with this and I'm putting her on the spot. I begin to back up to give her space, but I'm immediately pulled into a tight hug. I wasn't expecting this, but it's better than the alternative so I'll take it.

"I would hug you back, but I wouldn't wanna ruin your outfit".

She laughs at that and pulls away wiping tears from her eyes she looks at me with a bright smile on her face. Next thing I know, the little distance between us closes and her lips take mine.