37. Confession

Sam pov

Stepping out of the house after getting dressed. I spot Cass and Kate riding horses. The look on kates face is priceless. She's terrified out of her mind. I thought I told Cass to behave before I left those two alone.

"Hey, where're you ladies going", I ask walking towards them.
"and Cass I thought I told you to behave", I looked at her with a knowing look.

"What, we were just going to take a stroll around the farm", she smiles innocently.

"Uhuh", I said and turned my attention to Kate.

"I didn't know you can ride a horse", I asked.

Kate and I both know she doesn't know a thing about horses. I wanted to see how far she would go with this.

"what do you mean, I rid one once before, so of course I can".

"you mean that time in grade school when you fell off and broke your arm", I interject.

She fell quiet after that, I guess she gave up on the farce.

"hang on", I say deciding to tag along.

I jumped up and mounted Kurt, now sitting behind Kate. The closeness in our bodies is a bit distracting and I'm truly fighting the strong urge caused by her cinnamon scent kissing my nose.

I manage somehow and grab for the reigns but Katie's grip is mad strong. I laughed, she is completely terrified right now.

"Kate it's ok, you can let go of the reigns ", I whispered in her ear as I gently rubbed her clenched fists.

"Oh uh-yh s-sorry".

"Come on you two, let's go", Cass yells now a few feet away heading further down the path.

"I've got you", I reassure her by giving her a light squeeze, securing her between my arms.

She seems to ease a bit, still paying intense attention to her surroundings. The ride was fun. Cass and I raced across the fields like we usually did.

Kate sat behind me for this one, screaming the entire time. Cass left eventually, still having work to be done around the farm. So I took Kate and I to my favorite spot here. It's a bit far from everything, but that's why it's my favorite spot.     

Kate pov

"Sam where are we going this time", I'm completely annoyed now.

"Relax, you'll see", she says.

First it was the spontaneous race she and cass had and now she's riding away from the farm still on this wild horse. I just can't wait to get off this thing. I think I'd prefer to ride on her bike than this horse.

"Kate we're here, look".

She says that, but we're still moving. I'm not going to open my eyes until we completely stop.

"If we're here then why are we still moving", I ask burying my face into her back. I have to say this closeness brings comfort and a warm feeling in my chest.

"Ughh fine, there we stopped".

We were no longer moving so I opened my eyes slowly taking in my surroundings. The path was covered in green and yellow leaves. It's very bright where we are and there are many trees along the sides of the path. It looked like something you only see in movies. We stopped at a lake nearby.

"We're here", she said.

"Why are we at a lake", I ask.

Sam doesn't say anything but hops off and extends her hand to me for me to take. Turning to face her she walks closer to me and taps her shoulders for me to hold onto them. It looks like a pretty far jump from my perspective my nerves start to get the best of me.

"Don't worry, yh", she says looking deeply into my eyes.

My nerves calm a bit holding onto her shoulders as she helps me off the horse. I watch my feet hit the ground, yay sweet earth beneath my feet. I smile up at Sam to see she's already smiling down at me.

Her arms around my waist and mine still over her shoulders. I bet we look like a couple right now. My heart skips a beat at the thought.

"Thanks", I said retracting my hands and taking a step back.

"Of course", she says burying her hands in her jeans.

"The reason why I don't like him is simple actually", she starts giving me a knowing look that told me I knew exactly where she was going with this.

So she continued, walking to the dock of the quiet lake as I followed behind.

"It's because he has something I want", she confesses.

"But it's not just that, I also don't trust him when it comes to your feelings".

She stares off afar, sitting at the end of the dock with her feet hanging above the calm water.

"What does that supposed to mean", I ask taking a seat beside her.

"When you introduced him as your boyfriend to me, that wasn't the first time I'd met him", she stated.

I looked at her even more confused.

"It technically was but wasn't, I had first seen or known of him when we were in college".

"Every party I went to I'd see him with a different girl. Now I know you don't want to hear this, but I might not know anything about him but I don't see him as a serious relationship kind of guy. He'll only break your heart. So when you tell me that he's awesome and such a great guy... it pisses me off".

Conflicting feelings race through my head. One side wanting to defend Dylan against her accusations and the other thrilled that she cares so much for me. So I just allow the silence to sit for a few moments.

----------------
Okay I know what ur all going to say. Yes this is short, but I will have another chapter done by thursday, promise. If not.... Then u can proceed to chewing my head off 😁😁.