60. Royal Rumble

Sam's POV

"Where are we going exactly", I ask as I follow the young man down a flight of stairs.

Mr. Pierce walks ahead of him and Burly is just behind me.

" Relax Sam we're almost there", he says turning through the fifth hall since we left the office. At the very end of it he opens the door to, great another flight of stairs.

"It's just down this way", he says pointedly.

One by one, the two disappear behind a metal door. Bright lights filled the room, parked cars lined off in this spacious room. An underground parking lot. Why the hell are we here. Turning my attention back to those that led me here. A black luxury van in view.
Mr. Pierce and the young man now inside, waiting in respective seats.

"Well, are you waiting for an invitation", Mr. Pierce asks as he straightens his suit and tie in the mirror ahead.

Of course it was rhetorical. Before making my way to the van, Burly blocks my path holding a black fabric in each hand out for me. Seeing the confused look on my face he asks, " sack or blindfold".

"Oh no no nonono", I protest.

"Bag or blindfold", he repeats.

"Is this really necessary".

Well at least they're letting me choose, I guess.

A phone goes off, the sharp noise cuts through the cold air around us. As quickly as it started, it stopped. I notice Mr. Pierce shuffling in his seat. I guess it was his phone. 

I take the blindfold and enter the vehicle. The engine roars to life immediately after I'm done tying the blindfold over my eyes. Here we go. A chime fills the space of the quiet car ride, reminding me of my own. It has been a while since we left the party. I'm sure Rebecca's looking for me. Maybe she thinks I left since she obviously abandoned me. Worse case scenario, she tries calling me and I miss it. She chocks it up to me ignoring her because I'm upset, deciding to give me space.

Fishing it out of my pocket, my actions are halted and my phone taken away.

"Hey, give that back", I shout reaching to remove the blindfold to reveal the culprit.

"Aht aht, I promise it will be returned to you safely once a victor has been named".

'Son of a bitch'.

Oh Red so owes me big time for this shit. I'm talking, a new apartment and free coffee for life. 'Seriously, is that all you can think of right now'. Hey it's, the best I could do in such immanent danger. ' Well you have the whole car ride to figure out your well deserved demands'. For the rest of the car ride, I do just that. At least, until I started thinking about what had happened over the past month and a half.

From having this weird distance between Kate and I, her being upset that I didn't come out to her sooner, her kissing me in that club, the many involvements we had after that, and telling her I loved her. To her choosing her boyfriend over me, to ending whatever it is we had and maybe even our friendship. Now I'm blindfolded in a van, heading to a hand to hand battle over Red's freedom. What really is my life, I laugh to myself at nothing in particular. I'm sure I look crazy to my captors right now, but I could care less what they thought of me.
----------

The car finally comes to a stop. The door of the van slides open and I hear shuffling all around me.

" Don't remove your blindfold just yet. Klint will lead you inside. I'll let you know then, when to remove it.", Mr. Pierce says.

The hand who I could only assume was Klint's grabs me, leading me out of the van and presumably inside the building.

The blindfold is whisked away and light floods my eyes. Squinting to lessen the burden seems futile due to the room being lit like a freaking Christmas tree. Bright lights posted into every nook, leaving no room for any form of darkness to be seen.