8.Apology

Arriving, I notice Dylan's truck isn't in the driveway. Thank God. 

I quietly enter but as soon as I close the door, I turn around to a pissed off Katelyn.

"What did Dylan do this time", I sigh walking to the fridge to get something to drink.

"Are you fucking serious right now, did you not see the messages and missed calls I made". 

"Oh your mad at me", I grab the orange juice and decide to pour a glass.

"Of course I'm mad at you", she leapt away from the table she was sitting at.

"My phone died", I said sounding more like a question. 

Katelyn scoffs,"I thought you were dead in a ditch somewhere Sam".

"Where's Dylan, I thought he was staying over", I ask changing the subject.

"Don't change the subject Sam I'm not done yelling at you".

I raise my hands in surrender. Have I ever mentioned how sexy she gets when she's mad, I couldn't help but smile during half of her tantrum which only made her more pissed at me. A few rants later, Katelyn had finally calmed down but was still upset with me. 

She's now sitting on the couch in the living room. 

"I'm sorry", I said beside her ear, standing behind the couch and giving her a hug.  

She doesn't move, her arms folded over her chest.

"How about I take you to Dairy Queens and buy you your favorite as an apology", I asked.

She was quiet for a while but finally agreed. I kissed the side of her forhead and walked around the couch pulling her along with me.

I grab my keys and two helmets tossing one to her and we both headed out, arriving at the nearest Dairy Queens. 

"I really need to invest in getting a car for myself", she said.

I laughed, "But then we wont be able to have rides like this anymore".

"Not being able to ride on that death trap, does'nt sound too bad to me", she added sipping on her milkshake.

"Hey don't talk about her like that", I said. 

She becomes quiet, playing with her milkshake, a serious expression takes over her face like she's deep in thought. 

"Are you going to finish that", I asked.

"You could've at least returned my messages", she says ignoring my question. 

Oh that's why she had that look, she was really worried about me. My heart leaps with joy at this.

"Aaww you were worried about me", I teased. 

"Of course I was Samantha", she pratically yelled grabbing the attention of everyone.

 She gives me a stern look with her fists clenched on the table. I run my fingers through my hair realizing that she's really upset about that.

I mean her raising her voice like that even took me by surprise and to count the fact that used my full name, I'd say she's pissed. Now I'm beginning to feel bad for making her worry. 

"Okay I'm sorry, I should have replied". 

"Just don't do it again", she says a sad expression on her face as she looks through the window. 

"I won't", I say as I reach for her clenched fist to assure her. 

She looks at our hands and then at me before she pulls away. 

"I have to pee", she said then left.