2. Friends

I reach the gym, greeted by a few of the members and staff.

"Yo Sam, how's it going", someone yells.

"Hey I'm itching to blow off some steam", I say approaching five guys.

"Not it", they all yelled at once, except one.

He has his earplugs in, listening to his music. Everyone looks at him, he becomes more aware of his surroundings as if sensing that all eyes were now on him. His attention lands on me, in that moment he jumps up and yells 'not it'.

"too late bro", Bruce gives him a solemn pat on his back.

Thomas curses under his breath and walks towards the arena in the center of the gym. I smile at their antics. Bruce and Thomas along with the other three, Danny, Cole, and Estephon. I have all met them while attending the gym.

"Could you go easy on me, just this once", Thomas exhales.

"Shut up and come at me", I resort.

"You can do it Thomas", the boys cheer through bits of laughter.

"Kick his ass Sam", Cole yells.

"Fight, fight, fight", they all start to chant.

"Ghee thanks for the support guys", Thomas jeers.

"Sam, just not the face alright", Thomas says before preparing himself in a fighting position.

"No promises", I whisper.

We're now getting shakes at the Shake Shack. Thomas hasn't stopped complaining about getting pummeled by me since we left the gym.

"Sam I told you not the face dammit", Thomas grunts while holding his face up to manage his bleeding nose.

"Stop being such a baby", I teased throwing a few napkins at him.

"What happened with Katelyn this time", Danny asks.

They all know about my feelings for Kate and the fact that I'm gay and they're totally cool with it. Like who wouldn't be in this day and age. My face falls as all the events of this morning flood back in my mind.

"When has it never been about Katelyn", Cole implies.

Cole gets a look from everyone and a strong kick in the shin from me. Cole can be an ass at times, but I still love him and he totally deserved that kick maybe one more for good measure.

"Ow what the fuck Sam", Cole snarls.

"Hey language, Cole", Danny interjects.

"Yeah, don't bullt her she been having a tough time", Estephon adds.

"Are you guys shitting me right now, she just kicked me for a second time, I didn't even do anything".

"Language Cole", Danny scolds.

Cole glares at nothing in particular, his jaw clenched. My phone vibrates indicating an incoming message that read:

Hey, what happened this morning you were a little grumpier than usual.

Ignoring it, I have decided it's time to make my next stop.

"Well it's been fun guys, but I have to go", I say as I make my way out of the booth.

Everyone says 'later' except for Cole who's still glaring.

"We'll talk about this later then", Danny asserts.

"Whatever".

"Sam", he scolds.

"Ughh, fine, yeah later", I agreed.

"All is love", I say ruffling Cole's gelled hair he loves so much.

"That's it", he yells chasing me out of the Shake Shack.

Arriving at my bike, I turn around to find no Cole. I look inside to see Bruce holding him back. Another message comes through. Now to check up on my friend Kurtis.