38. Games

Sam pov

"So does that answer your question", I ask looking at her intently trying to search for any clue as to how she was really feeling.

"Yeah.. It does", she says still in thought.

"What", I press for her to continue .

"Nothing.. I just don't know what i should be feeling right now", she says.

"Alright", I guess I can understand that.

I stand up and walk back giving myself running distance to dive into the lake. I think changing this topic entirely is in order.

"s-Sam what are.. You doing", she exclaims placing her hands over her eyes.

Now just in my bra and boy shorts I run screaming like a lunatic, making a huge cannonball as I hit the water.
I shout in triumph of my success, fist in air.

"Your crazy", Kate says shaking her head at my antics.

"Well yeah, crazy hot", I said matter of factly.

She laughed again which filled my heart.

"I miss this", she mutters into her knees that are pulled to her chin.

"We have rarely spent any time together, so it's good to see that we still can hang like this".

"Of course we can, you just never had any time for me", i point out now wading in the lake.

"Sorry about that", she apologises.
"no worries you have a boyfriend, it's understandable".

Kate's POV

I don't need a 'how to' to tell me what she's feeling right now after she said that. But I do need one to tell me what to do after seeing such an expression take over her face. She dives under without a word, disappearing below in seconds.

"Sam, I called out but no answer.

My mind goes to some dark places after a minute passes and still no sign of Sam.

" Sam stop kidding around, this isn't funny", I yell kneeling at the end of the deck searching through the water to find her.

"Who's kidding around", she says climbing up a nearby ladder I hadn't noticed.

"I thought you were trying to scare me again", I confessed trying so hard not to look at her for too long.

Her body now dripping wet and trickles of water running down her toned abs. Concentrate Kate.

"Isn't it about time we head home", I ask.

Ive been getting a few texts from Dylan, I haven't read them yet and I don't know if I want to. Our relationship hasn't been all too great for the past  week.

How he left the loft last night has me not wanting to talk to him for a while. But I'll at least read them when I get home. Sam agrees and we head back on foot as she led the horse by the reigns.

I waited near the bike as Sam said her goodbyes to Cass inside. It took longer than necessary but she finally came out and drove us home.

"I'm gunna take a shower", I say heading to my room not waiting for her response.

Alone with Sam again tonight. I don't know how to feel about these circumstances, but they're happening so I'm just going to have to deal with them.

Sam pov

Is it just me or is Kate a bit stand offish around me. Not just that but she's treating me like a kid you can't leave alone for two minutes or else you'll come back with something on fire.

She agreed to watch a few episodes of grimm with me, not knowing what it is. So now we're on the couch, me trying to lower my hunger by scarfing down popcorn. While she hides behind the blanket, pulling my share of it off of me in the process.

"Come on Kate it's not that scary".

"Says you, why do you watch these things anyway".

I pause the video and look at her.

"Why do you breathe", I say.

She glares at me but I brush it off resuming the video. At the corner of my eye, I notice her moving alot. All of a sudden something comes flying across the couch, hitting me in the head. Kate Danvers struck me with a pillow. I can't believe it, I look at her surprised.

"Did you just throw a pillow at my head", I asked laughing as the moment plays back in my mind.

I rest the bowl of popcorn onto the table so it won't tumble over. She sits there with an accomplished smile on her face, a raised eyebrow, chin high and proud with her arms folded.

I paused the show, not taking my eyes off of her. I don't know what it is but I like this Kate in front of me. Powerful, demanding attention, doesn't take no for an answer. It's very alluring, but how long can she keep it up. I look at a nearby pillow, contemplating on whether I should punish her that way or the latter.

"Sam don't you dare", she warns me.

Long story short, we're having a pillow fight and surprisingly Kates winning. I had no choice but to change tactics. Kates laughter fills the entire room. She's ticklish so this is the best way I resolve things between us, it's like her kryptonite.

"Say uncle", I order still attacking her with a mirage of tickles.

"No", she says defiantly trying to escape my grasp, running through the hall.

Pinning her to the wall having no other place to go. I smile at her present situation, she's trapped and she knows it.

"Looks like you have no where to run".

She looks at me fully aware of that fact. She does something that takes me by surprise. Her expression changes, taking a fearless stance and moves a step closer. What is she about to do.

What is she thinking I wonder. She looks down bites her lip and looks at me. My heart races, in anticipation. Is she going to kiss me, is she going to tell me to take her here and now, that Dylan can go fuck himself. Our lips just inches apart, I can feel her breath hit my lips.

I close my eyes expecting her lips any second. But instead of her lips I hear a click of a door. I open my eyes to see Kate no longer in front of me.

"Low blow Kate low blow", I said resting my head with a thud on the wall where she once stood.

Kates a tricky one I'll admit, but I don't seem to mind that about her.