Happily Ever After?

Caryn rubbed over her tired eyes and a beautiful smile graced her face as she heard Khalil's calming voice over the baby monitor. "He's really good with the kids" she thought still smiling. Khalil changed into a whole different person after her return. He was gentle and caring and apologized for everything that happened in the past. He took care of her and most of all, he married her. The triplets, Jean, Jacques, and Jake was born a little over a month ago. And they are the most beautiful creatures that she's ever laid her eyes upon. Of course, their father agrees with her since he can't stay out of the nursery. He spends the most of his time home and it's a struggle to get him to leave the nursery and come to bed. She couldn't ask for more, things couldn't be better.

The only thing that bothers Caryn is that she's still not allowed to contact her mother. Her face fell as she thought of how worried her mother may be. Of course, her father wouldn't tell her that she's save and fine, because that would expose his involvement in everything. "Morning my angel. Why do you look so upset?" Khalil said as he entered their bedroom. Caryn sighed. She wondered if she could talk to him about him. Every time she asked him if she could contact her mother, he just answered no. "Well?" he asked with a questioning look on his face. "Khalil, I need to contact my mom and tell her that I'm okay. I need her to stop worrying and stop trying to find me. Please, it is important to me" Caryn spoke softly. It went quiet in the room and Caryn held up a breath expecting an abrupt no, like in the past. "Okay, you've really changed my live, Angel. How about, you write your mother and ask her to visit. I will pay of course. That way she can get to know me and the boys and see for herself that I am a good husband to you? If she agrees not to contact the authorities and let us be, I will arrange for transport, okay?" he said as he bends down and kissed her on her forehead. Caryn threw her arms around him and squeezed him tightly, happiness written all over her face. "Thank you, thank you. I love you so much" she said as she kissed him all over his face. "Careful now sweetheart, you are on thin ice" Khalil said in a raspy voice. "What do you mean? Oh, wait, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. It won't be much longer now" Caryn said blushing when her eyes fell on his bulge. "A cold shower it is then" Khalil said laughing as he went to the bathroom.