No Luck

"Still no trace?" Gwen asked in anticipation whilst looking at the private investigator expectantly. "Nothing madam. I'm still following up on some leads with regards to a ship that left the harbor about two weeks ago, but no one saw someone who fits your daughter's description" Peter answered with a regretful look on his face.

"Of course, no one would've seen anything. These motherf-" she was abruptly interrupted by her father. "Gwen please, you need to be calm for the sake of your daughter. She's a strong girl, she will survive this and come out stronger" Cooper said while gently rubbing his daughter's back.

"What if she doesn't survive it? What if she doesn't come out stronger? God I should've been a better mother and listened when she said that she's been followed" Gwen sighed, whilst rubbing her tired eyes. Peter frowned. "Wait. She told you that she's been followed? How long ago was that? And where did it happen?" he asked. "She told me a few times that she felt like she was being followed. I was working on a big case and wrote it off as teenage paranoia. I should've listened." Gwen replied with tears filling her eyes. "They must've been following her for months, tracking her every move, waiting for the right time to get her. That's how they operate" Peter said almost to himself. "Gwen, I need you to make a list of all Caryn's daily activities and please specify where she usually goes. We may actually be lucky and find something to work with this time" he said with a look of excitement.