New Job

Caryn woke up panting in shock when something wet and cold hit her. "Wake up! This is no hotel" her master said in a cold tone. Hurriedly she got out of bed. "Sorry master. Is there something I can do for you?" she asked. "Yes, there is. The truck leaves in half an hour. Be ready" he stated and left the room. Hurriedly Caryn took a shower and went outside.

Four men already sat on the truck. One of the older men held his hand out to help her onto the vehicle.

After a short drive they came to a green area. The driver handed her a note. "The driver will show you to the stables. I expect it to be clean when you are done. The feeding and cleaning of the camels is your responsibility. I will starve you if you neglect my animals." With a sigh Caryn folded the note and put it into her loose-fitting pants. She followed the driver until they reached the stables. The smell of animal feces was overwhelming in the huge stables. There were about forty camels inside.

In one corner she found big barrels of water. With that she started filling the empty water containers. Her hands hurt from carrying buckets of water to fill up the water containers. Eventually she got done and all the camels had water. On further inspection, she stumbled upon a separate room with plastic basins in different sizes, as well as huge containers containing leaves, straw, grass, and grains. She also saw brushes and soap, which she concluded to be for the bathing of the animals. She started filling the food holders with huge amounts of food. "So far, so good" she thought with a smile when she looked at the calm animals.

After she made sure that all the animals were fed, she started filling the basins with soap and water. Unsure of where to start, she started on the one end of the room. By this time her stomach was growling since the last meal she had was the previous night. After she was done with the first two stables, she decided to help herself to some grains and water, since she was sent to work without anything to eat. "It's only him who will come up with something as inhumane as this" she thought while quickly gulping down the last water. Since there weren't any containers for humans to eat from, she had to eat with her hands and threw a small amount of water into one of the buckets and drank from it. "Look how the mighty have fallen" Caryn thought with a sarcastic smile on her face. Not long ago she was the spoiled daughter of a top lawyer and now it seems that even animals live a better life than her. With a sigh she got up and went back to work.