Epilogue

"Dear mom,

I know that you are worried about me, but trust me, you don't have to be. I am happy and I'm living my best life. I want you to visit us and see for yourself that you can let me go now and focus on your own happiness. I'm a mom now and even though I would never have imagined that my life would take this turn, I am more than happy with my ending. This wasn't the life that I would've wanted, but this unwanted life turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I do hope that you will forgive me for all the heartache I've caused you and I hope that we can put the past behind us. I love you.

PS: I sent you a few pictures of the boys, enjoy 😊.

Sincerely,

Your daughter, Caryn.

Caryn put the pen down with a small smile gracing her face. She got up and looked out the window, enjoying the view in front of her. "This is home. For now, and forever" she thought again. Her thoughts got interrupted by Khalil bursting into the room. "Babe, I have to leave for a few days. I'll be back as soon as possible. I am so sorry for leaving you, but my brother is in a mess" he sighed as he started throwing clothes in a suitcase. "What do you mean? What's going on?" Caryn asked worried. Khalil sighed. "One of his wives ran away, and by the sound of it he really fancies her but chose to break her into submitting to him-Almost like I did" he said looking at Caryn with a look of regret. He sighed again. "But long story short, she kind of sound like a feisty one and rather than submitting to him, she chose to run away, again. The last time he kept her locked away for almost a year. So, I must help him to look for her or we'll be both be in trouble, if she exposes us. I'm really sorry for leaving you and the kids at such short notice" he said regretful. "It's fine babe. What do you mean with again? She tried running away previously? And what is her name? She must be new then" Caryn said. "No, she's actually one of the girls that was auctioned off along with you. Her name is Leila. It's either he gets rid of her or I will, she's becoming a headache" Khalil said again. Caryn gasped upon hearing Leila's name. "No, you won't. I consider Leila a friend. Please don't do anything to her." Caryn begged. Khalil just sighed and nodded as he kissed Caryn goodbye.