Without A Trace

Gwen's POV

"So, do you have any news for me?" Gwen asked. "Unfortunately, nothing madam. I followed up on every lead and searched everywhere, but I found nothing. It's like she disappeared without a trace. I'm so sorry" Peter said, disappointment evident on his face. "This is ridiculous! How can she disappear just like that? Is my baby still alive? Does she have anything to eat? How am I supposed to live knowing that I failed my daughter?" Gwen sobbed. Peter sighed. He actually admired Gwen. If it had been him, he wouldn't have made it. Even though he and his wife were divorced, he loved his children dearly and he knew that if anything happened to them, he would crash. "Peter please, don't you perhaps have any contacts in other capitals who can assist with the case? Please, I'll double your pay. Just bring my daughter back" Gwen begged.

"Madam, I can't promise to bring your daughter back. But I do promise that I will try my utter best to get her back to you" Peter said. "Thank you so, so much" Gwen said hugging Peter spontaneously. She stiffened when she realized how close they were. Reluctantly she pulled back. "I'm sorry. My emotions are all over the place" Gwen said keeping her head down. "It's fine madam. I understand" Peter replied and with that he left.