A New Destination

Caryn woke up confused. "Why does it sound like people screaming?" she wondered. "We've reached our destination" Leila told her. Upon hearing that sentence Caryn started to panic.

The noise went on for a while and then the doors opened. "Line up" the leader told the girls. Frightened they got up and formed a line.

Someone new made their way up to the girls. It was dark out, but by the look of the sensitive hands, you could make out that this one was a female. "Shhhtt, I'm not going to hurt you okay? Just hold out your arm for me" she told the girl in front while inserting a needle into her arm. "Take her away" the leader told the other two guys standing around, pointing at the lifeless body of the child. Caryn gasped in shock. "She's not dead, you know. They simply just drugged her. They've been doing it to all of us for the entire trip, that's why you've been so sleepy" Leila whispered to Caryn. "You shut up!" the leader shouted, pointing at Leila. Her eyes widened in fear and silently she nodded.

One by one they injected the children. When she got to Caryn, who was almost last in line, she asked: "Is it really necessary for this one? I assume she won't be kept with the others?" she sent a questioning look to the leader. "No, all of them will be kept together until tomorrow at the auction" he replied. "Auction?" Caryn thought. Are we going to be auctioned off like animals?" she wondered frightened." Hand me your arm please" the lady requested. "No. You are not going to drug me!" Caryn answered. "Give the lady your fucking arm before I stick this needle in your fucking throat, you brat!" the leader screamed at Caryn, anger written all over his face. "Oh, calm down. You know you can't damage the stock before sale, and plus didn't you say that this one will bring you a lot of money?" the lady told the leader. "Now sweety, you don't want to upset these guys, okay? So just be a good girl and hand me your arm" she softly said to Caryn. Still hesitant, Caryn held out her arm. "Spinning, spinning" she thought distraughtly before the lady's face became blur and she went into complete darkness.