Meeting Mary

"Time to wake up princess!" someone called into the dark room. Distraught Caryn looked around to see where the voice came from. She stiffened when she heard someone's footsteps coming closer and closer to where she was lying curled up on the cement floor.

When a hand touched her, she looked up and saw a friendly, wrinkled face above her. The woman had a soft look in her blue eyes and her grey hair was made into a low bun. "She looks like someone's grandma" Caryn thought, a slight smile tugging at her lips. As if she could read minds, the lady replied: "Actually I am someone's grandmother. The auctioneers gave me a job at the auction house. This way I can work to pay back the money that was paid for my granddaughter. It's been two years since I've last seen her, and after two more years I will have enough money to buy her back" her eyes saddened while speaking. "How can you work for the same people who abducted your grandchild?" Caryn asked. "It's the only way that I feel close to her. And it's the only place that pays nearly enough money to get my Bailey back. I'm Mary by the way" her eyes softened again when she smiled at Caryn. "I'm Caryn. I hope that you get your grandchild back" Caryn said sincerely. "Now let's get you cleaned up, today is a big day for you guys" Mary told her while taking her down a corridor to the bathroom. "Why? What's happening today?" Caryn asked frowning. "Today is the day that you'll meet your new owner" Mary answered quietly with a sad expression on her face.