The Ball

Two maids came to help Caryn get dressed for the ball. Apparently, some important people were to attend so Caryn had to look her best and be on her best behavior. Not that she would try anything. She knew how cruel her master could be- yes, she decided to call him master again after his little rendezvous from earlier-and she would not let her baby be punished for her own stupidity. She forgot her place and she's set on not allowing it to happen again. She looked at herself in the mirror and nodded in approval. Not long after Khalil entered after a soft knock. He smiled in approval. "You look stunning as always Angel. Let's go" he said. She smiled stiffly. "Baby about earlier. I'm sorry. She was sent as a gift from my brother and it's rude to refuse" he said while carefully inspecting her face for any emotions. "You don't have to explain yourself to me master. I forgot my place. It won't happen again" Caryn said without any emotion. With a frown he looked at her before sighing. He took her arm and led her to the ballroom.

About eighty people were seated at the long tables against the walls. Khalil led her to her seat and called a waiter. He requested some wine for him and juice for her. "Oh, so now the bastard remembers that I'm pregnant" Caryn thought, looking at him with disgust. He leaned closer. "If you keep looking at me like that, I won't be responsible for my actions" Khalil whispered in her ear. She just nodded. 

 After his brother gave a speech the people started to mingle, and food and drinks was served. Caryn scanned the room for Leila, but to no avail. She didn't see any of his other women also, except for the one who were accompanying him. "I wonder where she is. I would really love to talk to her" Caryn thought. She was shaken from her thoughts when an unknown gentleman took her hand in his. "May I borrow a dance?" he asked in a deep voice. Caryn looked at the middle-aged man and nodded her head quietly. Without hesitation he pulled her from her seat and led her to the dance floor. She made the mistake of looking back to see Khalil's reaction and the anger on his face send a shudder of fear through her body.