The Auction

"Line up, line up" a tall, dirty guy yelled at the girls standing in the corridor. All the girls were dressed in revealing clothes, with bare feet. Looking around Caryn saw the frightened expressions reflecting what she feels. A guy came and handed all the girls a number.

"Now make sure that your number is visible to the buyers. You will be called on your number, go through that door and stand on the red sign" he yelled to the girls. "Also don't do anything stupid. For your own good it will be better if you are sold, you don't want to know what happens to girls staying behind at the auction house", he winked and grinned at the girls. Caryn looked at the number handed to her. "Number 21" she thought. "Let's hope for the best".

Leila approached her quietly. "You know I would rather be sold as a donor, harvested for my organs, or as someone's slave, but to be a love slave would be the end of me. I would rather kill myself than to be used as a piece of meat for some fat, rich bastard's pleasure" she said calmly to Caryn. "I will keep you in my prayers Caryn" she said looking at Caryn with a sad face. "Thanks Leila, and good luck to you too. May the odds be in our favor" Caryn replied with her eyes scanning through the girls for Carly.

Her eyes landed on the blonde curls of the adorable child and she motioned for her to come closer. Carly's big, blue eyes was filled with tears. "What's gonna happen to me?" she asked shyly. Caryn replied quietly, while wrapping her arms around the tiny shoulders: "I don't know my angel, but whatever happens, stay strong. Once I'm free I will come and find you and we will go home, okay?" Carly nodded and grabbed Caryn's hand.

One by one they called out the girls' numbers. Carly was the third to be called. According to the whispers, she was sold to someone from Amsterdam.

" I wonder if my mom misses me. She probably thought I ran away after our fight" she sighed.

"Number 18!" the loud voice of the auctioneer cut through her thoughts. "How did they get to eighteen so fast?" she felt fear creeping up on her yet again. The last person sold before her was Leila, who was sold to a sheikh as a love slave.

"Number 21!" the auctioneer called out. Shaking with fear Caryn went into the room and stood in the red circle. Surrounding the small area was tinted glass and she couldn't see any of the buyers. Lights came on which highlighted the see-through white dress that she was wearing. She heard gasps and presumed that they liked what they saw. Then the bidding started. From that moment on Caryn lost all focus of her surroundings and became numb. "Sold for 50000 pounds to sheikh Abid AL Gandi!" she stiffened. "That's the same guy Leila was sold to. How many women does this guy want?" Frightened she looked up as she heard footsteps approaching her.

When she looked to see who it was, she saw the same woman who injected them when they arrived at the auction house. Lifeless she held out her arm for the injection she knew would come." You may claim your price sir", was the last words she heard before the now well-known darkness consumed her.