Chores

So it's been a while since I've updated. Work's been busy and my private life even busier. My sincere apologies. So to make it up I prepared a double bill. Enjoy!!!

The door opened and Amal and a guard entered. Amal threw a blanket over Caryn's naked body and spoke to the guard in their native language. He made his way towards her and untied her. When she got to her room the guard took the blanket off and put her in the warm water. She was in complete agony as every inch of her body felt like it was on fire.

The girl from the previous day suddenly appeared and smiled to her. "Hey. I'm Aaliyah and I will be taking care of you today" she said. She went to sit behind Caryn and gently started to wash her. "Now let's get you dressed okay? Will you be able to walk or should I call someone?" she asked. "No, it's fine. I'll walk" Caryn replied. "I'm Caryn by the way. It's nice to find someone other than him who speaks English" Caryn said softly. Aaliyah smiled. "So, we need to put some ointment on the wounds to prevent infection. It will sting a bit" she said, a sad look plastered on her face. The whole time while Aaliyah dressed the wounds, Caryn fought to keep the tears back. When they were done, she dressed in a comfortable black dress and sandals and tied her hair into a ponytail. "What now?" she thought after Aaliyah left the room. She didn't have to wonder for long, because soon after her master entered the room. "Glad to see that you are dressed. I picked out some chores for you. Complete it and you'll get food. Water you can have, but no food for you until you are done. I hope you learned now to not do anything without my consent." Caryn nodded quietly, keeping her head down." Right, follow me" he said, and she followed him to a room that seemed like a washroom. "All of the laundry has to be done by six o' clock. If not, you won't be allowed to eat and sleep today, are we clear?" he asked. "Yes Master. I understand" Caryn replied timidly. She looked around at the piles of laundry and decided to start by putting the clothes in the washing machines. "All of my clothes are hand washed" he said, stopping her. Quietly she nodded and started filling tubs with water. "This doesn't even look like all of his clothes" she thought as she looked at the laundry. "Come to my office when you're done" he said walking out. Teary-eyed Caryn started on the task ahead.