The Argument

The ride was a long and awkward one. Before they left the sheik's house, Caryn was blindfolded so she still didn't have the slightest idea of her whereabouts. She couldn't see her new owner, but every now and then she felt his burning gaze on her. Needless to say, that it made her even more nervous.

The car came to a halt. She heard the doors open, but she sat frozen, scared of doing anything wrong. She heard someone speak in a foreign tongue and her new owner replied gruffly in the same language. "Guess I'm a long way from home" Caryn thought upon hearing them. Suddenly she was pulled out of her seat and thrown over someone's shoulder. Shocked she started kicking her legs. With her heart beating in her ears, she started banging on the back of the person who was carrying her. "Put me down you bastard!" she screamed. The person stopped and put her down. Her blindfold was removed. With a gasp she looked at her owner's stormy Grey eyes. "You better start behaving. I won't tolerate this type of behavior. You do as you're told and keep quiet" he said in a warning tone. "I don't have to listen to you, you arrogant -" she was cut short when his hand made contact with her cheek. Shocked she raised her hand to touch her burning cheek. "I am your master and you will respect me" he said angrily. "Mohammed, take her to the basement" he told one of the four guards watching them with emotionless faces. "Now since you don't know how to behave, you will be staying in the basement. We'll talk once you've remembered your manners - that's if you have any". Tears filled Caryn's eyes upon hearing him. "Follow me" Mohammed said. Without another word Caryn followed the guard to the basement.