Rae Beifong-Akemi

NAME: Rae Beifong-Akemi

* • • ◕◕════♣♣════◕◕ • •*

FAMILY: Councilman Hiiro Akemi (father- deceased); Lin Beifong (mother); Toph Beifong (grandmother); Suyin Beifong (aunt) & her family

* • • ◕◕════♣♣════◕◕ • •*

Physical Description

HAIR: White

EYES: Green

HEIGHT: 5'6''

IDENTICAL MARKINGS: Hands covered in scars (slash marks); Burn scar on her shoulder.

{NOT MY ART}

{NOT MY ART}

* • • ◕◕════♣♣════◕◕ • •*

Personal Information

ALIAS: Deputy-Chief of the Republic City Police (formerly); The Guardian; Lady Akemi

AGE: 24

BENDING: Firebending (Blue Fire/Lightning); Earthbending; Metalbending; Bloodbending; Waterbending

WEAPONS OF CHOICE: Bending; Shuriken Throwing Stars; Ring Daggers; Metal Fans

OCCUPATION: Deputy-Chief of the Republic City Police (formerly); The Guardian; Future Fire Lady.

LOVE INTEREST: Iroh II

Iroh's age has been brought down so he is the SAME AGE as Rae. So at the beginning of the story he's 24 too.

* • • ◕◕════♣♣════◕◕ • •*

Marking Events

Hiiro Akemi was Lin Beifong's husband and a Councilman from the Fire Nation in Republic City. He was a very powerful bender and one of the most trusted advisors of Fire Lady Izumi. He died when Rae was 6 during an attack while traveling back to Republic City from the Fire Nation. Both Lin Beifong and Rae were heavily affected by his death and Lin Beifong often used to blame herself.

* • • ◕◕════♣♣════◕◕ • •*

Two years after Rae Akemi became an officer of the Republic City Police, one of her missions went wrong. At the age of 19, she was captured and tortured into giving up information about the Avatar's whereabouts and strength. She escaped but the worse had already been done. Her hands were bloody and covered in scars from the number of times her kidnappers had slashed open her skin. She hadn't been able to bend with her hands for more than two months. Even years after the incident, the scars still hurt sometimes, and she always wears gloved to cover them up.

* • • ◕◕════♣♣════◕◕ • •*

Master Katara decided to visit her son, Tenzin, in Republic City. During her time there, she also decided to train a 21 year old Rae and help her waterbend. After a failed attempt to make a whip out of the water, Rae locked herself up in her room Air Temple Island where she was staying. She sat on her bed, frustrated and angry. From the corner of her eyes, she saw a small mouse creep into her room. Her eyes were locked on the creature, a weird feeling in her stomach. It started to screech, froze into place before it fell to the ground dead. Rae Akemi decided to forget about that incident, thinking she was hallucinated from her lack of sleep. She never told anyone about that night but she still felt that same strange feeling in her stomach a week later, when the full moon rose in the sky.

* • • ◕◕════♣♣════◕◕ • •*