1.6

^^^ Rae's dress for the gala

[1.6]

From Gala to Taskforce

The black and green dress was flowing behind her as she walked. The metal accessories around her neck and waist were shining in the artificial light of the ballroom. Every step of hers echoed around the room full of people. Her long white hair was attached in a messy bun. Behind her, the young boy was walking (more like running) behind the woman. His clothes were simple but very elegant for a child his age.

The first person that acknowledged the two was Pema, Tenzin's wife. She turned around and waved at them, making Taiyo wave back shyly. Tenzin turned around too and nodded at the woman when she stepped next to him. Rae turned to look at Taiyo and pointed to Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo. The boy went towards the kids awkwardly and started talking to them. Soon, Meelo and Taiyo would be soaring through the ballroom, one riding a ball of air, the other using water (that was supposed to be for the quests) to slide behind the airbender.

"Korra is with Tarrlok," Tenzin said, turning to look at the young Guardian. Rae nodded, trying to find her friend through the crowd. She heard the clicks of the cameras and from the corner of her eyes, she saw the flash as a photo of her was being taken.

"this is going to be all over the newspapers," she said, looking at one of the photographs, seeing him back away in fear when her glare fell on him.

Tenzin scoffed, "that's the understatement of the year."

Rae looked at the photographers right when they snapped multiple pictures of her. She sighed and pitched the space between her eyes, looking away from the crowd of journalists trying to get her way.

She walked away from Tenzin towards the bar, bobbing her head to the jazz music.

"Rae!"

The woman turned around to look at the person that called her name. There she saw Asami, her arm looped through Mako's. The woman waved at Rae and let go of Mako to run towards her. The two girls embraced in a warm hug while Mako stood behind them, looking confused.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" exclaimed Asami, finally letting go of Rae.

The Guardian smiled softly. Mako approached the girls and looped his hand back with Asami's. "You know each other?" he asked, looking confused at the two.