4.16

[4.16]

Final Battle

They needed to slow down the giant metal mechanism in order for Asami and Hiroshi to successfully finish installing the plasma saws on the hummingbird suits. With all the strength and help they could muster, the four elements clashed against the heavy platinum of the mecha-suit.

Rae was dangerously close to its feet, her hands gripping from afar the platinum as she slowly, but successfully broke the molecules of the unbendable metal apart. She was trying to weaken it as much as she could so Asami could easily break through the hard shell with the platinum saws.

And then, she saw it. It was a small crack, so small that a hand could barely fit through it, but Rae could make it bigger. She jumped on the metal feet of the giant and grasped the platinum, a deep frown covering her face, and with all her strength, she pulled it apart.

"There's a small opening," she yelled at Korra, who was standing on the building next to her.

"Go for it!" yelled back the Avatar before leaping away from the building as she tried to bring the mecha-suit down again.

The Guardian didn't waste any time. she went legs first in the now long tear. She squeezed her waist through before carefully bringing her head and arms inside. The space was small, and Rae was surrounded by wires going in every direction. But, while anyone else would start feeling claustrophobic, she loved it. She was surrounded by metal, by her primary element. She could feel everything that was happening around her without even pressing her bare skin to the walls that surrounded her.

With struggling grunts, she pushed her body upwards, her knees and arms glued to the metal around her as she tried to climb up. She needed to help the ones outside with rending the gigantic machine motionless, but something told her to do more. She thought about going to the engine room but then remembered Baatar's words. There were two levers that had to be pulled at the same time. Then Kuvira came to her mind, how she was hiding in the head of the mecha-suit. But the thought went away when the metal giant weaved to the side and Rae lost her balance.

Not to fall down the pretty big height she'd climbed, she altered the metal her palms touched, making it spread to her arms like a liquid. It gave her a base to hold herself into, and using this same method, she continued climbing up the leg. While the sudden movements of the giant machine didn't help, she easily got to the top. She listened closely before breaking the metal of the ceiling, careful to be alone when she surfaced in the machine's body.

By the way the machine moved, it was obvious that Korra was still trying to get in. So Rae's thoughts traveled to Kuvira again and she cursed loudly. Bending her knees so she could get a better stance, she hit her foot on the metal floor hard. A wave of vibration was sent through the metal giant as Rae amplified her seismic sense.

A small smirk made its way to her face before she started moving again. She was careful not to encounter anyone, not wanting to give up her position. Her feet moved swiftly and before she could think of another plan, a better plan, she was standing just below Kuvira. Right then, a loud and blaring alarm started echoing around her and she hissed in pain when a small light bulb burnt just in front of her blind eyes, hurting her already damaged pupils. But she knew what the alarm meant, so she had to act quickly.