2.10

[2.10]

Not so successful spiritual guidance

The cave was dark. Not even the pillars lit by fire wouldn't procure enough light to calm the Guardian. She had an uneasy feeling, a feeling that arose dark memories. Still, she followed the men until she was standing by the big pool of water in the middle of the stone room.

She had been standing there, unmoving, for the past three hours. The only woman on the island had explained to her the circumstances in which they found the Avatar, which only made Rae worry more.

Korra had no idea who she was, she had no memory whatsoever, and Rae really hoped that the fire nation people on the island could help her, because the Guardian had no idea how to.

She was deep buried in her thoughts that when Korra woke up with a gasp, Rae flinched and looked down. People gathered around her, looking at the Avatar attentively.

"I remember," spoke Korra. Rae let out a heavy sigh, a weight having been lifted from her shoulders.

"Do you know who you are?" asked the fire nation woman.

"My name is Korra," she started, meeting Rae's eyes, "I'm the Avatar."

~

While Korra was talking to the woman, Rae stood close to one of the Air Bison. She looked at it closely, having a slight struggle to breath. Her vision had worsened in the time she left the Southern Water Tribes, and she only realized it now when, from up close, the patterns on the animal's fur were only big undefined splotches of colour for more than a few seconds before they cleared.

"Do we really have to ride one of those?" asked the Guardian when Korra stepped next to her.

"It's the only way we'll get there in time," answered the Avatar with a sigh, making Rae nod, not trusting her voice.

They mounted the air bison and Rae sat behind Korra. She grabbed the animal's fur, feeling her limps shake as she lost connection with the earthy ground.

"Where are we going again?"

"To see Tenzin."

~

The trip was long, at least for Rae. Because of the sudden movements of the animal, the woman couldn't keep her eyes set on one spot in particular, making it harder for her to see, as her eyes didn't have time to adjust, and the blur didn't go away.

The moment the bison set foot on the ground, Rae was the first to get off, not waiting for either the animal to stop walking or Korra to get off.

When her vision cleared, the peaks of the easter air temple were finally crystal clear in Rae's eyes. She stared at them silently, admiring their beauty. When Korra walked past her, she followed, not wanting to get lost through the multitude of paths and corridors.