2.15

[2.15]

Raava

They were in perfect harmony

When Korra entered the Avatar state, Rae entered the Guardian one.

Their movements were choreographic. When Korra back down, Rae flew forward.

Unalaq had been kicked out of the Spirit World when he tried to merge with Vaatu, and the two women were left to deal with the evilest of dark spirits.

They tried everything. Fire, water, earth, air, even electricity, but nothing seemed to stop Vaatu. Korra and Rae were knocked to the ground again and again, without any break, and still, every scratch made on the spirit would disappear seconds later. It wasn't long before Korra got angry. Her powers spiked and Rae soon joined, trapping Vaatu and pushing him back in his prison.

But the two women didn't expect Unalaq's return. The moment his water pushed Korra down, Rae lost control as the Avatar's grip on the spirit vanished. Her eyes widened when she was pushed back, Vaatu regaining his strength.

Rae tried to get to Korra, but a spirit suddenly grabbed her coat and threw her far away from the Avatar. She groaned, cursing the living out of the spirit when it came back and tried to attack her.

She threw fire at it, keeping it away from her as. Much as she could, before everything turned quiet. The moment her eyes fell on Unalaq's form, she gasped. His eyes were glowing crimson red.

"No," whispered Rae, forgetting about the murderous spirit a few feet away. Vaatu and Unalaq were one, and Korra needed the Guardian's help now more than ever.

But she didn't have time to rejoin Korra's side. The spirit crashed into her body, and she struggled with it, trying to make its tendrils disconnect from her flesh. Because of her fight with Vaatu's personal extension, Rae didn't see Korra and Unalaq flee while attacking each other.

The struggle went on for a few moments before a synchronized attack from Bolin and Mako helped her get rid of the creature. Wobbling on her feet, she leaned on Bolin when he ran to her side.

"Are you alright?" he asked worried as Mako joined the woman's side and helped her walk towards the South portal.

"Yeah," she muttered, "I just have to stop picking fights with octopuses."

"We need to help Korra," said Mako when she finished her almost incomprehensible mumbles. They all nodded and, when Rae was stable enough to run on her own, they walked out of the Spirit world and to the snowy mountains of the South Pole.

Rae could see the Avatar in the distance, and she felt her power thrive.  However, the moment the three stepped as close as the Avatar possible, they froze.