4.0

[4.0]

Holiday

~

Welcome to Republic City, the place of hopes, dreams, and Spirit Wilds! This metropolis truly has something for everyone. Visit Air Temple Island, the hub of all airbenders as they travel the world, helping others. Or take a stroll through the beautiful Avatar Korra Park, named in honor of "You-Know-Who"! We've missed her these past four years and we can't wait to welcome her home. Get well soon, Korra! In her absence, Guardian Akemi has been quite the star! While balancing both diplomatic missions from the Fire Nation or Zaofu and helping Republic City rebuild itself, the Guardian has personally rearranged the White Lotus agenda and personally trained them to become better protectors! And of course, you'll want to see our most unique attraction: the Spirit Wilds. Here, spirits and people live harmoniously together!

~

Three weeks ago

"Are you sure you want to go?"

"of course, I need to get some things off my mind," Rae said as she packed another shirt in her small travel bag.

Lin was standing by the door of the bedroom, looking at her daughter with a frown. The small apartment was still the same, but though four years ago it was almost empty, now it held numerous things that didn't belong just to Rae. Although both Rae and her partner grew up in an environment that taught discipline and order, it seemed that neither quite got used to applying their outside world knowledge to their own personal lives. Files scattered the right-side nightstand, all of them with the United Forces stamp on them, while the left-side nightstand was covered in small platinum bracelets and rocks. Lin had told her daughter it would be a good idea to move into a larger home at one point, but Rae thought it was useless, and Lin was still pondering on the words of her daughter sometimes. They had that discussion just a few days before, when Rae visited the Police Headquarters, and even though Rae was stiff about the topic and quickly changed it, Lin wanted to learn what got her daughter all silent and reluctant to talk about.