3.6

[3.6]

Interrogations 

Interrogations were on Rae's liking.

She paced the room, listening as Aiwei asked the same questions each time. They repeated the process with every guard in Zaofu, even the ones that weren't on patrol the night of the attack. When she felt something suspicious, she would interrupt Aiwei and start asking her own set of questions, resulting in glare from the old man.

Lin even had Varrick interrogated, and once the question of his actions on the night of the attack came, the man started enumerating his night routine. Everyone looked at him blankly. Rae shook her head and groaned.

"Get out, Varrick," she muttered.

The man gave her a smile before walking away, his assistant following closely.

"Maybe it wasn't one of the guards after all," said Lin, "Maybe it was someone a little higher up the food chain. Aiwei, why don't you question Su?"

Rae groaned again and shook her head. She went to sit on the empty chair opposite of the interrogating man and placed her head in her hands.

"Lin, stop. Your sister wasn't involved," argued Korra.

"I'm not listening to this," muttered Rae. She sat up and walked out of the room. When she got to the main hall, she crashed on one of the sofa's, where Iroh was reading a book.

"No luck?"

"No," said Rae. She stayed silent for a moment, feeling Iroh's stare at her, before her eyes narrowed. "Don't you think there is something suspicious about Aiwei?" she asked slowly.

The general frowned, "The one with the nose chain?" When Rae nodded, he brought his hand to his chin, pondering on her words. "Can't say I'd trust him, no," he said, "but he seems to be in Suyin's good graces..."

The Guardian hummed. "It's just," she started, trying to find a comfortable position on the sofa, "there's something wrong with his heart beats..."

Before Iroh could say anything, mako barged in the room, panting from running. "We found him!" he exclaimed. Rae eyes widened and she quicky got to her feet.

Korra was waiting for them outside. When Mako, Rae and Iroh stepped in her visual field, she asked Aiwei to lead to the way the traitor's house. When they entered, they all started looking though his things, trying to find proof of his crimes.

"Who is this person?" asked Rae as she stepped next to Aiwei. She took a book and opened it, randomly turning the pages to keep her hands from awkwardly handing by her hips.

"His name is Hong Li," started Aiwei, eyeing suspiciously Rae's frame, "eighteen years old. Born and raised in Zaofu. His links to the criminals are still unknow."

Rae murmured a small thank you to Aiwei. Her concentration was all on the old man's heartbeat, trying to find any irregularities. Now that she had more information about the so-called traitor, Rae's suspicions grew. How would an eighteen-year-old boy, that probably never stepped out of the metal city, be connected to criminals that were locked up for thirteen years? It all didn't make sense, but Aiwei was convinced it was the boy.

The woman's thoughts were interrupted by Mako, and they all gathered by his side.

"It looks like it's from them," said Mako.