Chapter 18: Zhengye Xiangu

۞ 
Chapter Eighteen

Qishan Wen Sect was just like a blazing sun, a scalding force that was hard to defy. However, no matter how mighty this blazing sun had become, it will eventually fall when the dusk comes.

Led by Qinghe Nie Sect, Langli Jin Sect, Gusu Lan Sect, Yunmeng Jiang Sect, and the Wen rebels, the war to overthrow Wen Rouhan ignited like a raging fire.

In Hejian, Qinghe Nie Sect won a decisive victory where Chifeng-Zun beheaded Wen Rouhan’s remaining son, Wen Xu. In Jianghuai, Gusu Lan Sect successfully reclaimed and stabilized most of their territories. After that, Lan Wangji, now the esteemed Hanguang-Jun, led a group of cultivators to reinforce Jiang Cheng’s troop in Jingchu. Whilst, Zewu-Jun went to Langya to aid the weakening force of the Jin Sect.

During this war, what shocked everyone the most were the one sided battles won by the Wen rebels. The Wen rebels weren’t few, however, it was known that not all of them could jump into the battlefield and win. Some of them are farmers, some are healers, and there were even many of them that are not cultivators. It was really questionable how this rebels could claim these victories with notable upper hand that defied all reasons.

Countless parties, allies or foe, had tried to probe the current situation in the Wen rebel’s camp. The only answer they had gotten was the hearsays that the Wen rebels had been receiving an aid from an unknown demonic cultivator who could control corpses and ghosts like puppets on their fingers.

Who could this person be, no one knows. Some said he’s a man, some said she’s a woman. Talks describe him as an ugly male beast while others claimed her to be a seductress.

Only a few and the man himself knew that even though calling him a woman was correct, it was not his true identity. Even describing him as a monster was not giving him justice. Although, that’s how people defined him in his past life.

“I heard that he is a hideous man with legs of a beast and burning eyes.”

“Nonsense! She has a beauty that could topple the mountains and overturn seas with eyes like limpid autumn water and lips as lustrous as freshly picked cherry!”

“Pfft!”

The clamors inside an unknown tavern in Chongyang suddenly died down. All the eyes shifted to the corner where the suppressed laughter came from.

The one who was enthusiastically talking just now glared at the offender sharply. However, when his eyes landed on the culprit, he couldn’t help but swallow the insulting words that he was about to say. Who would not when faced with a woman whose beauty could “topple the mountains and overturn seas with eyes like limpid autumn water and lips as lustrous as freshly picked cherry”!

Aiyo! If Wei Wuxian could hear his thoughts, he might smack him on his head. How could this brainless man say that she has a lips as lustrous as freshly picked cherry when the lower half of her face was veiled.

Nevertheless, Wei Wuxian was indeed insensitive for laughing at his enthusiastic admirer.

“Apologies Young Master. I’m just amazed at how animated your description was,” Wei Wuxian sincerely expressed though he was currently biting his lower lip to suppress his amusement.

“It’s… it’s nothing. I admit that we are quite loud.” The man was only in his youth. When he rubbed the back of his head as he shyly said those words to Wei Wuxian, his previous uncouthness became quite adorable.

Too bad that Wei Wuxian was a man and though he knew that he could be attracted to a man, Lan Wangji was the only person who has the beauty to bend him.