Extra I : Granduncle

⸞۞⸟

Extra I

“Teacher Lan, Pavilion Master Wen is here to see Second Young Master,” a senior disciple respectfully informed Lan Qiren.

Humph! What Pavilion Master Wen? After that woman turned the Wen Sect into her Medicine Association, she became really free, always coming and going in their sect as if it was her own home. Even an elder like him could only be informed of her arrival. She would go straight to Jingshi in her own accord without greeting and giving him some face!    

“Very well,” Lan Qiren calmly dismissed the senior disciple. But when he was finally alone, his true nature quickly showed up. Lan Qiren hastily stood up, rushing towards the direction of Jingshi while mumbling to himself, “Let’s see if I don’t catch you now.”

But he didn’t know that this disciple also informed his eldest nephew of the woman’s arrival. Lan Xichen knew his uncle very well. He knew that he was ‘very concerned’ with Lan Wangji’s matter. Every time, Wen Qing would visit Jingshi, his uncle was also expected to be seen in the vicinity. Lan Xichen gently shook his head as he placed down his brush. A wind blew and in a blink of an eye, he was already gone.

Lan Qiren was really agile for his age and quickly arrive in front of Jingshi in no time. Seeing the woman in green robes walking from the opposite direction, he adjusted his pace and walked in his usual speed, acting as though it was just a coincidence that they met here.

Wen Qing was surprised to see Lan Qiren also coming to Jingshi but she didn’t show it on her face and just smiled.

“Teacher Lan,” Wen Qing cupped her fist together and bended slightly to give respect as Lan Qiren’s former student.

Lan Qiren elegantly received her greeting with a nod. In the next moment, he caressed his goatee and made an allusive remark, “Pavilion Master Wen is really kind to personally come here for Zhengye Xiangu.”

Wen Qing glanced at Jingshi, a trace of affection could be seen in her expression as she started to talk about the woman inside the house, “Xiangu is my family; it is only natural for me to personally take care of her.”

“Indeed, your sect received her aid the most,” Lan Qiren said meaningfully. It was not well-spread, but talks about how the Wen rebels and the Jiang Sect relied on a demonic cultivator to win the war was a common-secret within the cultivation sects.

Wen Qing’s heart turned cold, “What do Teacher Lan mean by these words?”

Lan Qiren puffed his goatee into the air. A while later, he finally decided to talk, “Zhengye Xiangu helped you win the war, but one should not forget that she follows the path of demonic cultivation!”

“And why is that a problem?!” Wen Qing raised her voice, a little agitated.

Lan Qiren was also angered with her response, “The problem is she’s reversing the natural order and ignoring ethics and morality!”

Wen Qing suddenly laughed, “Huh, I know. Was it really about Zhengye Xiangu or you just hated and couldn’t accept the fact that your perfect nephew loves her so much, he could bend the rules that he once strictly followed?”

“Wangji was just being confused!” Wen Qing’s words probably hit Lan Qiren’s sore spot.

“So it was really the case.” Wen Qing nodded understandingly. In the next moment, she looked sideways regretfully, “Sorry but I heard that your family’s curse is to only love one person in a lifetime?”

“Nonsense!” Lan Qiren was so angered that his goatee was quivering.

Wen Qing sneered, “I know Teacher Lan personally hate crook people and I understand that your clan have strict rules against associating with the evil, but Teacher Lan, I have a question for you.”