Chapter 35: Two Monsters

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Thirty Four

Yueyang City. The war had broken out in the territories governed by Wulin but Yueyang was one of the lucky cities that were too far away from the eye of the chaos to see obvious effect. It was still as lively as before. Almost as though no war was happening in the North.

A striking pair of a man and a woman walked side-by-side through the bustling crowd. The woman wears a veil on the lower part of her face, but it failed to cover her outstanding beauty. Just her peach blossom eyes were enough to charm both genders, not to mention her sunny personality that gave her a natural allure. The man beside her was also exceptionally good-looking and his cold countenance made him look like an untouchable deity who descended from the nine heavens. Though his coldness was also the reason why the noisy crowd of Yueyang seemed to be deliberately avoiding them, as if there was a barrier surrounding the pair that separated them from others.

Wei Wuxian’s melodious voice sounded amidst the noisy crowd. “You are so amazing, you scared the people away.”

The woman’s words were full of teasing and her voice was mixed with suppressed laughter, but Lan Wangji just looked at her silently, not saying a single word.

Wei Wuxian pouted as he whirled around and walked backwards to face the man, “Why are you looking at me like this? Hanguang-Jun, your bad mood has been going on from when we left the Lotus Pier. If you have a question or something is bothering you, just say it. You can ask me, you know?”

Lan Wangji’s brows shifted lightly as if he was worried that Wei Wuxian would trip and be stepped on by the bustling crowd.

Getting no answer, Wei Wuxian continued, “Lan Zhan, we are already married, technically husband and wife. Is there still something that you cannot tell me?”

Wei Wuxian had almost bumped into someone as he continued to walk backwards. Lan Wangji frowned slightly, grabbing the woman’s willowy waist, and forcing her to walk alongside him.

Wei Wuxian yelped, both scandalized and surprised by this sudden public display of affection. He scanned the crowd. His cheeks quickly heating up as he saw the attention that they had garnered.

Meanwhile, the great Hanguang-Jun didn’t mind the stares of others as he continued to bring his wife away, “Walk properly.”

Wei Wuxian sighed. It truly is troublesome to have this kind of overbearing Young Lord as a husband. He raised his head begrudgingly, but when his sight landed on the other’s sharp jaw, beautifully carved nose, thin lips, and mesmerizing golden eyes, his lips unconsciously curved upwards. This was the effect of great beauty ah! He then decided that he might as well properly act as this Young Lord’s obedient wife.

The husband and wife finally had their peaceful walk. Wei Wuxian grabbed Lan Wangji’s arms and pulled him towards the stalls, buying this and buying that. There’s nothing to be afraid of when he’s in-charge of his husband’s money.

All of a sudden, Lan Wangji spoke, “Did you speak to Jiang Wanyin?”

Wei Wuxian, who was choosing from the assortment of orchid hairpins, looked up. At this moment, Lan Wangji’s eyes that were usually impassive were reflecting a dissatisfied reaction.

Lan Wangji had put a silencing barrier around them making the atmosphere stiff. The temperature around them decreased drastically but ironically, Wei Wuxian’s heart warmed up.

Wei Wuxian chuckled, “So you are in a bad mood because of this?”

He moved closer to his husband, basically pasting himself against his body. Wei Wuxian whispered, “Lan Zhan, as I said to you many times, we are already married. What’s there to be afraid of when you had already eaten the rice?”