Chapter 42: The Hungry Family

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Fourty Two

“Take care of A’Yuan.” Wen Qing said with a hint of reluctance.

When Wei Wuxian told her that there were other people, who just like him, also broke through the barrier of space and time to return to the past, she really don’t know what to feel. But she also knew that she should bear the burden of being the only “present one” who knew this secret.

And now, even her little nephew was one of them. It was really bizarre to think that A’Yuan’s current soul was now a few months older than her A’Ning. Therefore, whenever she saw the little ball acting so mature, her heart felt so complicated.

Nonetheless, she couldn’t help but still see him as a little child. So when he resolutely decided to go with his parents, she was somehow hesitant.

“Wen Qing, rest assured that I’m not going to let any claws touch our little bunny!” Wei Wuxian promised as he himself raised his claws and pinched the cheeks of the child in Lan Wangji’s arms.

Lan Sizhui held the hand of his mother, wanting but not having the heart to stop the claws that were pinching his soft cheeks.

“Wei Wuxian!” Wen Qing reprimanded as she slapped Wei Wuxian’s hand.

Wei Wuxian, “Of course, A’Niang is an exception~”

Wen Qing rolled her eyes at Wei Wuxian before turning towards A’Yuan. She patted the child’s cheeks that were now slightly red and reminded, “A’Yuan, be good. Stick to your parents, but don’t follow your A’Niang’s bad examples.”

“Ouch! What’s with the personal attack?” Wei Wuxian dramatically held his borrowed chest.

“Shut up! You want to kiss my needles?” Wen Qing threatened.

“Aiyo! Don’t always use violence. No wonder you’re still single~” Wei Wuxian teased as he ran and hid behind Lan Wangji.

“Wei Wuxian!” Wen Qing yelled.

“Please calm down.” Lan Sizhui who was the root of all this chaos tried to intervene but no one seemed to hear him.

At this moment, he felt a large hand patting his head, like a father encouraging his son. Lan Sizhui then realized that he was no longer Lan Sizhui, the head disciple of the Lan Sect. He’s now A’Yuan, the son of Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. He was just a little child and his words earlier were a little too mature for his age.

He took a deep breath and decisively used his young self’s strongest weapon. Lan Shizhui reached out with his short arms and managed to tug Wen Qing’s robe.

Wen Qing stopped her actions towards Wei Wuxian and curiously looked at the small hands that were trying hard to get her attention.

Lan Sizhui put his head down as he weakly said, “A’Yuan… Aunt Qing, A’Yuan will be good. A’Yuan promised!”

After saying those words, Lan Sizhui felt his face heating up. It was as though his cheeks and ears were burning. He really wanted to find a safe place where he could hide himself.

The instant that he hoped for a safe shelter, he heard a low chuckle beside his ear before his father leaned him on the crook of his neck.

Lan Sizhui froze for a moment, his mind having a hard time processing what had just happened. After a moment, his face heated up even more. His father laughed at him?! Lan Sizhui would never expect that there would be a day when he would make his father laugh! Suddenly, he didn’t know if he should be more ashamed or just be straight proud.