Chapter 25: The Stronger The Better

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Twenty Five

When he walked out of the tent, Wei Wuxian could no longer be seen. Lan Wangji slightly wrinkled his brows. He could sense that there was something wrong with Wei Wuxian today.

Lan Wangji clearly remembered what had happened during the battle in the borders of Jingchu. It was around this time that Wei Wuxian would retrieve the Yin Iron sword in the Dust Creek Mountain, forging it into the strongest unholy artifact that will be coveted by many, and will indirectly cause his death.

Lan Wangji knew that he couldn’t stop Wei Wuxian from his plans, but he had to be there to support him. He had to make sure that he would be safe during that battle.

In that night, the great Hanguang-Jun was seen flying around, searching for something… or maybe someone.

Finally, after searching around, he found that person in a street of a nearby town. And who would have thought that he would find Wei Wuxian, who caused him dread the whole night, cheating a child for a candy?

Wei Wuxian just so happened to catch sight of Lan Wangji. His eyes brightened and called for his name, “Lan Zhan!”

Lan Wangji walked towards him, glancing at the Tang Hulu that Wei Wuxian was happily eating and the very same candy that he robbed from the naïve kid.

Wei Wuxian sighed, “How persistent, I even thought that I finally managed to escape.”

Lan Wangji, “….”

Wei Wuxian laughed at Lan Wangji’s seriousness and after being accustomed with Lan Wangji’s change in character, Wei Wuxian had developed a weird habit. The more serious Lan Wangji was, the more Wei Wuxian couldn’t refrain his desire to make mischief within him.

Wei Wuxian rubbed his shoulders timely when the wind blew passed them, acting very much affected by the cold.

Wei Wuxian then suggested, “Hanguang-Jun, it’s not early. Why don’t we find somewhere to rest?”

If Lan Wangji noticed that Wei Wuxian was just teasing him, it didn’t matter. He still agreed with this ridiculous request.

After some time of walking, the two finally settled on a neat inn.

Seeing the couple that looked like nobles from great cultivation families, the owner rushed outside enthusiastically almost dragging them inside. Most of the workers of the inn were young girls. When they saw a handsome man walked in, their eyes lit up in unison.

The owner shouted a few things, telling them to do their work properly.

Wei Wuxian chuckled, placing his hands against her chest playfully, “My husband is so famous, this wife had to apologize but I couldn’t help myself from being jealous. Owner, give us two rooms! My husband and I will be sleeping separately tonight!”

Lan Wangji, “…”

The owner saw that Wei Wuxian wasn’t really angry so she had to ask Lan Wangji for confirmation, “Young Lord, are you really getting separate rooms?”

Lan Wangji nodded, “Give us two rooms.”

This husband and wife was really unusual but two rooms meant more profit so the owner didn’t ask anymore.

The owner led them in a two adjacent rooms upstairs. She opened the doors and asked, “Would you two like dinner?”

Wei Wuxian, “Yes, please. Bring it around eight in his room.”

The owner answered in affirmation as she walked down the stairs.

Wei Wuxian, “I will be coming in your room later to have dinner.”

Lan Wangji, “Mnn.”

Wei Wuxian slowly pulled his door and waited for Lan Wangji to do the same. After seeing the door next to his room completely sealed, he then stopped his actions and followed the owner downstairs.

The owner, “Yes, Young Madam?”

Wei Wuxian seemed as though he made up his mind, lowering his voice, he said, “When you bring up the meals, please get some liquor as well… the stronger the better.”

The owner grinned, “Of course!”

After that he went backstairs but didn’t go to his room and instead knock on Lan Wangji’s door.

Lan Wangji opened the door, wordlessly letting her in. The room was quite spacious, even the bed could fit two people.

Wei Wuxian settled himself in Lan Wangji’s bed and suddenly asked, “In my first night in Chongyang, did you accompany me the whole night?”

Lan Wangji, “…”

Wei Wuxian, “Rumors said that the sound of qin played until dawn.”

Lan Wangji, “…”

“You’re really no fun Hanguang-Jun.” Wei Wuxian pouted before shamelessly asking, “Do you really want us to sleep in separate rooms?”

Lan Wangji was now sure, Wei Wuxian was once again up to something.

⸞۞⸟