Extra III Part 1: Discussion Conference

⸞۞
Extra 3 Part 1

It was autumn on the hunting grounds of Phoenix Mountain.

Hundreds of thousands cultivators had gathered in the vast square of the Phoenix mountain to join in the very first hunting that would be held after the war. Around the square were ten watchtowers. Beautiful maidens from cultivation families that couldn't join the hunt peeked shyly from the top of the towers, searching for the most outstanding ones from the group of young cultivators below.

Nie Huaisang smiled innocently as he surveyed the top of the watch towers, but his words weren't as innocent as his face, "I'm really not sure if we are hunting prey or if we are the prey to those ladies' hawk eyes."

Hearing his brother's complaint, Nie Mingjue glanced at Nie Huaisang but did not reprimand him. It was clear that his opinion was the same.

"Da-ge, since everyone knows that you just recovered from the problem with your saber spirit, we should have taken this opportunity to skip this flower throwing event," Nie Huaisang mumbled with a pout.

"Stop spouting nonsense!" Nie Mingjue reproached.

Nie Huaisang hid behind his fan with a laugh. Some might think that Nie Mingjue was once again mad at his brother, but if they really tried to pay attention to his tone, they would notice that there was really no pressure in his words. In fact, it even contained a little fondness. Nie Huaisang, himself, wasn't aware of this before. It was only after being reborn that he could now fully understand his brother. His brother was tough on him, but all he really wanted was Nie Huaisang's well-being.

Nie Mingjue helplessly glared at his little brother. After the war, it was as though Nie Huaisang had been reborn as a new person that he, himself, couldn't fully read, surprising him time and time again.

Who would have thought that this infamous dandy is well-versed in formations, single-handedly drawing a complex array that can actually extract resentments from their sabers? He said that a friend helped him in formulating this array, but isn't that friend the one and only Zhengye Xiangu? When did this little kid get himself acquainted with such an illusive figure?

Disregarding all of these, why did his little brother sometimes look at him as if he was seeing a person that should have been dead? And where are those resentful eyes that were always present when he was nagging him? Nie Mingjue could even feel that his brother loved hearing his reproaches!!! If he didn't check it himself, he would really think that his brother was possessed!

Nie Mingjue sighed. No matter, it was good that his little brother had found his strength... even though it wasn't through a saber.

"We will be the next to enter. Fix your posture," as Nie Mingjue said this, a Jin disciple's voice rang above the square.

"The Qinghe Nie Sect's riding formation enters!"

Their horse formation started to move. Following behind Nie Mingjue, Nie Huaisang suddenly looked at his side.

He remembered that it was the person beside him who used to announce these kinds of things in their past lives. The past... a glint suddenly flashed in Nie Huaisang's eyes.

Riding a horse beside him was Meng Yao, but at the same time, he wasn't sure if it was really Meng Yao. As a great pretender himself, he couldn't help but doubt this person.

Except for Huanguang-jun, Wei Wuxian, and Lan Sizhui, everyone was following their designed characters like in their past lives. It was only Meng Yao who was the odd one. How could someone change so much? How could a stubborn person suddenly let go of his obsession with the affection of his father? This could be because of Sisi, but his heart told him otherwise.