Extra III Part 2: Discussion Conference

⸞۞⸟

Extra 3 Part 2

After the flower-throwing event, an archery competition was held. This time, there were no Wen remnants inhumanely set as targets. Unsurprisingly, Zhengye Xiangu and Hanguang-jun still refused to face the public and participate.

With two of the top archers absent, there were a few more slots freed in the top five. But several strong figures stepped up to fill their spaces.

Commonly, a sect leader such as Lan Xichen would voluntarily withdraw from this competition. However, since Lan Wangji wasn't there, Sect Leader Lan could only represent their sect. This was the same for Jiang Cheng, caused by the absence of his head disciple. Instead of letting Jin Zixun make a fool of himself, Jin Zixuan decided to follow along and volunteer himself. And since three sect leaders were participating, Nie Mingjue also joined the fun, substituting for his younger brother.

Lan Xichen won first place. Nie Mingue was in second, closely followed by Jin Zixuan and Jiang Cheng, consecutively. The most surprising part of the event was the participation of Pavilion Master Wen's younger brother, who even took a place in the top five along with the four sect leaders.

Shortly after the archery competition came the night hunt. This night hunt was not as sophisticated as what the time travelers remembered from their past lives. Of course, the biggest reason was that there was no Jin Guangyao to arrange it. Nevertheless, it was still worthy of a night hunt arranged by a major sect.

As everyone was busy hunting for prey, two figures made their way deep into the Phoenix Mountain.

"Here it is!" Wei Wuxian walked towards the familiar tree. This tree was very unique, so he managed to recognize it easily. It has a weird branch growing out of its trunk, which was lowered to the ground. This very same branch was the one that he had rested on before.

Smiling playfully towards Lan Wangji, he slapped the dry, wrinkled bark before him a couple of times and easily hopped up.

"Be careful," Lan Wangji reminded as he reached out and supported Wei Wuxian by the waist.

Since it was Wei Wuxian's first pregnancy, his belly was still not so big even though he was already halfway through his pregnancy and was even carrying a twin. His body had also not gained too much fat. Overall, it wasn't hard for him to move, but Lan Wangji was still overly protecting him.

"Wait! wait! wait! Let me lie down first." Wei Wuxian leaned against the tree branch in a more comfortable position. "Now, let me borrow your forehead ribbon?"

"..." Lan Wangji thought that Wei Wuxian only wanted to come here because of Jiang Yanli, but now he knew that it was also to tease him.

Wei Wuxian saw the other's realization and laughed, "Lan Zhan, I remember I told you during my confession that I know it was you who kissed me in the Phoenix Mountain. Actually, Elder Heiying made me see it in my dream. Now that I think about it, will it be wrong if I want to realize my dream?"

Lan Wangji didn't say a word, but his hand holding Wei Wuxian's waist twitched slightly. Wei Wuxian sat up as though he realized something. He pulled Lan Wangji by the arms and pressed his ear against his chest. As expected, he heard thundering throbs.

"Hanguang-jun, I thought you were shameless enough, but it seems that you are still thin-skinned. What? Ashamed to talk about your dark history?" Wei Wuxian chuckled.

Lan Wangji's adam's apple bobbed, "I..."

Wei Wuxian smirked, "Lan Zhan, If I didn't understand how Elder Heiying's power works, I would really think that he was giving me false illusions. Because who would have known that you'd do such a thing?"