Chapter 11: Intentional Third Encounter

۞

Chapter Eleven

The sun had long since risen from the East. At Caiyi Town, the streets were already filled with the hustle and bustle of the locals and travelers doing their everyday routine. It wasn't unusual for a territory under the protection of one of the major sects to start their day early, especially when the sect managing it was Gusu Lan. But in an inn located in a particularly isolated part of the town, the occupants of one room were just beginning their day.

Waking up at nine was Wei Wuxian's regular routine no matter what timeline or body he was in. Not to mention that he didn't sleep well last night. The image of an aloof beauty standing under the bright moon had relentlessly hunted his dreams, disturbing his supposed peaceful sleep.

There's no doubting it, Lan Wangji was definitely seducing Wei Wuxian with that sinfully handsome face of him. Wei Wuxian knew that he shouldn't let himself to be tempted by the other's beauty. Howbeit, no matter how much resistance he built, the temptation had still shaken his resolve. Besides, his resolution was not strong in the first place.

Before, he wasn't still clear about his feelings and yet he couldn't stop himself from seizing every opportunity to get Lan Wangji's attention. Now that he was well aware of the reason why he did those inexplicable things before, it was even harder to resist the pulling force that was urging him to just drop everything, abduct Lan Wangji, and isolate themselves from the worldly affairs. If only it wouldn't be so irresponsible of him, he would really do so.

So how could he peacefully sleep when his mind and heart were completely occupied of his dilemma caused by the Second Jade? Ah! It's all Lan Wangji's fault! Why he had to be so irresistibly attractive?

Performing his mother duty was the only advantage of his insomnia. Wei Yuan also woke up last night and Wei Wuxian had to tend to the child's needs. When he first met A'Yuan in his past life, the child was already three years old. The A'Yuan of that time could already walk on his own and didn't need full assistance on every matter. Not that Wei Wuxian was complaining that he had to assist his son even with simple matters such as peeing at night. He was more thankful that he could assume the role of the child's parent earlier than before.

"Is A'Niang's A'Yuan already hungry?" Wei Wuxian dotingly asked, patting his son's head as their group of three walked towards the main hall with Wei Yuan in his arms and Elder Heiying trailing behind.

Wei Yuan giggled, bobbing his head adorably which caused his chubby cheeks to slightly waggle along. Wei Wuxian's heart melted with this sight. He fondly chuckled as he poked the poor child's rosy white steamed bun cheeks.

There were not many guests in the main hall since not all was as unproductive as Wei Wuxian. Hearing a young woman's melodious laugh, the few guests having their late breakfast or just drinking tea couldn't help searching for its source. When they saw a beautiful young mother affectionately playing with her child, their gazes immediately passed behind her, looking for the lucky man who managed to fish such beautiful wife. Unfortunately, there was only a cute dog trailing behind her and obviously, it couldn't be her husband. Their gossipy mind immediately formed many speculations of why the father of the family wasn't present. If not for the chills they suddenly felt down their backs, they would have started chattering by now.

Wei Wuxian's eyes wandered around the main hall. He also noticed how some of these people's way of looking at them wasn't right. He could only smile at their ignorance. His smile even brightened when he remembered one incident in his past life. That time, A'Yuan called Lan Wangji father while miserably crying and just like now, the ignorant ones were also quick to judge without knowing the truth. Wei Wuxian also loved gossips so he really couldn't blame them. This time, his smile was mixed with a hint of understanding.