Chapter 29: Eternal Blood Oath

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Twenty Nine

Wei Wuxian raised his head, staring dumbly at the plaque hanging on the front door of the store where Lan Wangji had pulled him into. 

A shove of a heavy object on his hand was what woke him from his stupor.

Wei Wuxian looked at the dainty pouch on his hands and back to the serious Lan Wangji. Even though he had an idea why they were here, he still questioned the man, “What do you want me to do?”

Lan Wangji frowned. He held Wei Wuxian by the wrist, kicked the door of the store, and dragged him inside. Wei Wuxian slapped his forehead. Aside from being a sweet-talker, drunk Lan Wangji was also quite bold, no?

They made their way inside the store. With the snap of Lan Wangji’s fingers, the oil lamps inside the store lit up, revealing what was inside. The store was full of red fabrics, with embroideries ranging from golden patterns to colorful pair of mandarin ducks. Obviously, they were in a shop selling items for weddings! No matter how much he wanted to deny it, Lan Wangji’s actions only pointed to one thing!

The owner was shocked awake by the ruckus and hurried downstairs. Seeing this couple with unordinary bearing, he suppressed the yell that he had prepared before going down. Especially when he saw the glistening sword in Lan Wangji’s other hand and the unfathomable black sword hanging on the side of Wei Wuxian’s waist. He decided that they were overbearing couples who just wanted to buy wedding clothes on impulse. The owner stood wordlessly on the foot of the stair and let the two of them roam around.

Wei Wuxian didn’t know what to say! He was also not quite sure if he should laugh or cry in this kind of situation! He was just teasing Lan Wangji and in a blink of an eye, they were already preparing for a wedding. He wanted to develop their relationship, but he wasn’t aware that it would be this quick.

But the drunk Lan Wangji had no idea of his dilemma. He proudly led Wei Wuxian around the store, glancing at him from time to time. When he saw that Wei Wuxian wasn’t picking anything, he seemed dissatisfied and paused.

Lan Wangji, “Buy.”

Wei Wuxian felt Lan Wangji’s dissatisfaction and a part of his heart saddened. He looked around and saw that the store owner’s suspecting gaze towards them was turning more anxious every second. Wei Wuxian could understand him. He would also be weary if someone barged inside his store in the middle of the night.

Having no choice but to pick something, he swept his eyes on the items offered by the store. They have ready-made dresses, shoes, and even jewelries. His eyes caught sight of the selection of red veils on the corner of the store. He thought that these things weren’t troublesome to bring. He looked at the design and was quite satisfied. He pulled one particular veil from the selection and smiled. Wei Wuxian had no idea why there were pair of rabbits embroidered among these wedding veils but it suited his taste.

He looked at Lan Wangji, “Lan Zhan, do you remember the rabbits in your Cold Pond Cave? Aren’t these rabbits look a bit like them?”

Lan Wangji seemed as though he was thinking about it. After some time, he finally nodded, “Mnn.”

And then without a warning, the corner of his lips slowly curved upwards. The gentle breeze made its way through the widely opened door, causing the lights to flicker and sway along it. The dancing warm light were reflected on Lan Wangji’s eyes. In that moment, it was as though those pair of pale-golden eyes became warmer.

In that instant, Wei Wuxian felt his head whirl dizzily. Involuntarily, a smile made its way onto his face as well.

“This is not fair,” He muttered.