Extra II: Old Friend

⸞ ۞ ⸟

Extra 2

Five months after the death of Wen Rouhan.

The former glorious Wen Sect was already gone, while the victors had returned to their respective sects to rebuild their homes. It is the same for the Wen rebels and the four major cultivation sects who led the Sunshot Campaign.

Wen Qing decided to turn the Wen Sect into a Medicine Association, converting the Nightless City into a huge Medicine Pavilion that is accessible for all and the land surrounding it as a large span of herb garden and crops farm. She then generously gave back to other sects what the former oppressor had taken from them.

Even though they aren't strong cultivators, no one could underestimate the influence of healers and even need to show respect to them. History could attest that no matter how strong a cultivator is, one wouldn't know if there will come a time that they would need the assistance of a healer. Consequently, as more and more strong cultivators received such great favor from these healers, the more invisible protection will be given to their Medicine Association. By this, everyone could see how ingenious is the woman leading them.

During this healing time, the Gusu Lan Sect gave their utmost effort to rebuild their collection of knowledge. Wen Qing, as compensation, had given their sect numerous amount of books and scrolls. It was enough to recover if not expand the Lan Sect's famous Library Pavilion.

On the other hand, the Qinghe Nie Sect had closed their fortress after the war. Rumors said that a problem with their saber spirit had arises because of the bloodbath during the previous war and they were focusing on resolving it. During this time, Chifeng-zun's younger brother was seen travelling back and forth Qinghe and Gusu. Everyone thought that he was asking for Lan Xichen's help, but no one would expect that he was asking for that someone's help.

The Lanling Jin Sect suffered the least during the war, but they were the most laughable and controversial. At the same time that the news of Wen Rouhan's death reached the ears of the various cultivation sect, the disgraceful death of Jin Guangshan had already spread in the whole Wulin like a wild fire. The sect heir, Jin Zixuan, could only assume his father's position with the help of his mother. It was agreed upon by many that it was not an unfortunate event. At the very least, Jin Zixuan is not like his father when it comes to his romantic life. In fact, he had been trying to mend his previous betrothal with the young maiden of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect.

Unfortunately, the Yunmeng Jiang Sect had refused to talk about their young lady's marriage with the excuse of focusing on rebuilding the Lotus Pier. It was not all lie for Jiang Cheng really needed his sister's help to manage their sect now that their head disciple is still missing.

However, what everyone was most curious about was the news concerning the famous heroes of the war, Hanguang-jun and Zhengye Xiangu.

Wen Rouhan's suicide had been a mystery. It was more so when Hanguan-jun and Zhengye Xiangu also disappeared during the period that Wen Rouhan died.

It wasn't hard to connect their absence to the death of Wen Rouhan. Some even thought that they also died in exchange for Wen Rouhan's life. However, the Gusu Lan Sect had kept their mouth close regarding this issue and so, no one really knew the current situation of the famous couple.

Little did they know that the reason why these two went missing was because they were making sure that the ball in Zhengye Xiangu's womb would be safe from harm.

"The little ones are finally stable," Wen Qing said reassuringly to the pregnant woman sitting on the reclining chair and to her husband who was standing beside her.