Extra IV: Immortal-grade Pills

⸞۞⸟

Extra 4

Four years had passed, yet stories about the Sunshot Campaign were still frequently narrated within the teahouses and restaurants of Wulin. Storytellers spoke of the heroes’ struggles and great victories. Some were more interested in the controversies during the war, such as Wen Rouhan’s suspicious suicide and Jin Guangshan’s shameful death. Naturally, when it comes to the stories regarding the Sunshot Campaign, no one would forget the enviable love story of Zhengye Xiangu and Hanguang-Jun.

When their Eternal Blood Oath was revealed during the Discussion Conference that happened four years ago, everyone was awed by the couple’s affection for each other. More so when they welcomed a pair of dragon-phoenix twins that clearly showed how the heavens adored them. From then on, Zhengye Xiangu was the source of envy for many maidens within the Wulin. While men hated the reality that they couldn’t be Hanguang-jun.

Regrettably, this couple was rarely seen night hunting during these past years. It wasn’t even certain if Zhengye Xiangu would attend the Discussion Conference that the Lan Clan will be hosting in the succeeding days.

At the Back Mountain of Cloud Recesses, a silhouette of a woman sitting on the grass could be seen amidst the mist. A man unhurriedly approached the silhouette, splitting the mist along the way and revealing the beauty behind the cover of the clouds.

She’s a very beautiful lady with a small face, fair skin, and a well-proportioned body. Wearing the Gusu Lan Clan’s white and blue motif robes, and sitting among the heard of snowy white rabbits, she was akin to a goddess that no mortal could compare. This fairy was none other than the other half of Wulin’s enviable couple, Zhengye Xiangu. Truly, the talks about her incomparable beauty isn’t a lie.

Wei Wuxian heard the familiar pace approaching and looked up, "Lan Zhan, the guest has arrived?"

Lan Wangji, "Mnn."

Lan Wangji’s appearance had matured over the years, befitting his bearing that had been sharpened by two lifetimes. Wei Wuxian felt lucky that such a man was now his and couldn’t help but smile. However, his smile had a trace of melancholy that couldn’t be hidden from Lan Wangji’s eyes.

Lan Wangji frowned as he saw the thing on his wife’s hand. His tranquil face was disturbed for a second before he spoke, "Wei Ying?"

Wei Wuxian followed Lan Wangji’s gaze. His eyelashes drooped as he lamented, "Time really passed by like flowing water. I feel like it was only yesterday that Old Black tricked me into drinking the Yin pill."

Wei Wuxian shook the medicinal bottle in his hand. He became a little absentminded as he watched the white pill shake along inside it.

Wei Wuxian had been a female for so long that he almost forgot the antidote that would bring his body back to its original form. When he first became a woman, he planned to drink the Yang pill immediately after the war, go back to being the head disciple of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect, and assist Jiang Cheng. However, many things happened that changed his original intention. If not for the old dog’s sudden departure, he might not think of bringing the Yang Pill out.

That’s right, a few days ago, Old Black had bid them goodbye, saying that his disciple had allowed him to go back to their realm. This might be the reason why Wei Wuxian was being melancholic, but he wouldn’t admit it.

However, Lan Wangji had misunderstood his mood as he suddenly spoke some strange words, "Wei Ying should follow his heart."

"Huh?" Wei Wuxian looked up, a little confused.