Chapter 43: Wen Rouhan

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Thirty

"Hanguang-jun and Zhengye Xiangu... they are in that kind of relationship?"

"What is there to be surprised about them having a relationship? Their intimate actions were there for us to see! What I didn't expect is for them to have a son that is already old enough to cultivate a golden core!" a very unlike-Lan remarked.

"Their son is not old enough to cultivate a golden core; he's just a never-before-seen genius!"

"Indeed, there is no doubt that he's really a descendant of the main family!"

"But I don't know if Teacher Lan would be happy to hear about the Little Master's existence..."

Hanguang-jun was indeed quite a man. He was well aware of the troubles that it will give him by revealing his relationship with Lan Sizhui and Zhengye Xiangu in front of these people but he couldn't bother himself to care, or rather, he would have if it was the original him. However, it was now his 38 years old self who was occupying his younger body.

Lan Wangji's gaze drifted to the petite woman beside him. A rare ripple of emotion flashed in his usually tranquil eyes, a mixture of guilt and determination.

His biggest regret in their past lives was not standing up for Wei Wuxian, leaving him to face alone the conviction of the so called righteous sects, and letting him die in the end. The reason he came back was obviously to correct his mistakes. Only then would he be able to let go of his regrets.

Recognizing his relationship with Wei Wuxian and A'Yuan in front of these people was just the first step. Next would be securing Wei Wuxian's position, not just as his Dao companion, but the Dao companion of the Second Young Master of the Gusu Lan Clan.

It was the firm decision that he made even though he knew that he would face the inevitable disapproval of his family. Lan Wangji's heart momentarily turned cold. Getting their approval or not, only he knew if he really cared about it.

Nevertheless, the years without Wei Wuxian was already enough for him to make up his mind. This time, even if the whole world turns against them, he would make sure to fight for their destiny.

As he guided his family away from the crowd of Lan cultivators and the dumbfounded Jiang Wanyin, a side of Lan Wangji's lips raised slightly.

Wei Wuxian looked up, just in time to see the smug look on his husband's face. He raised an eyebrow, a little surprised by the other's expression.

One should know that even though many people thought that Lan Wangji was arrogant, it was only because he was quiet, stoic, and rigidly serious. In truth, his every action was measured and full of respect. It was the first time that Wei Wuxian saw him with genuine arrogance or to be more accurate, "with full of pride".

He blinked as he realized why Lan Wangji was being smug. His heart skipped a beat just by thinking that this arrogance was because of him and A'Yuan.

Truthfully, he really felt quite funny and complicated when he realized that Lan Wangji just told the world that "he" is now his wife and they even have a child as old as A'Yuan. However, seeing the man in a good mood, Wei Wuxian could only accept their situation and support his decision. He had to admit that he also felt warm inside.

These things aside, he still wanted to clarify one thing, "Are we really going to enjoy a banquet while the border is in chaos?"

"..."

"..."

Lan Wangji and A'Yuan looked at him at the same time.

Indeed, true to his worries, Lan Wangji could only grab a piece of bread for A'Yuan before they set off to the border of the Jiang Sect territory.