Chapter 37: The Savior And His Damsel In Distress

Author's Note

RUNNNN!!!! IM SERIOUSLY GOING TO WHITEWASH XUE YANG, SO FOR THOSE WITH A FRIGID HEART, RUUUUUNNNNNN!!! HAHAHAHA🤣🤣🤣

And I don't know what had gotten into me to make this melodramatic plot. Just enjoy this as an extra since it's not usual for the lazy me to update this early, mmn?😅😅😅

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Thirty Seven

It was the first time that Wei Wuxian met Xue Yang but he already heard of his infamy from Nie Huaisang. To say the least, this beautiful looking youth with a radiant smile could be a little bit vengeful. To be specific, he had no qualms about annihilating a whole clan for a finger that he had lost, or tricking an honorable Daoist to slaughter innocent people.

The natural course of events should be killing him before he could be a real threat to humanity, but Nie Huaisang had not eliminated this dangerous variable. Instead, he kept Xue Yang close to him. Wei Wuxian could clearly see what stand Nie Huaisang wanted to take in this alteration of the future.

Meng Yao and Xue Yang were already tainted with vengeance but to say that it was pitch black paint was also wrong. No matter how small, there’s still hope and Nie Huaisang didn’t want to give up on them. For this, Nie Huaisang earned Wei Wuxian’s respect.

Wei Wuxian observed the boy who was smiling at him radiantly. He was confidently waiting for Wei Wuxian’s answer, chin slightly raised and eyes squinted into crescent-moons. It greatly reminded him of his past self. In fact, they were really somehow the same. Both were orphans, both were once a street rat. However, Wei Wuxian was fortunate enough to be rescued from the streets earlier than Xue Yang. Or else, Wei Wuxian wasn’t sure if he could still be righteous as he is right now had he stayed on the streets longer or had he experienced Xue Yang’s trauma.

Xue Yang didn’t seem to mind that Wei Wuxian was observing him. He even looked like he was instead enjoying such attention. Wei Wuxian raised an eyebrow. Wrong, looking closely at his white hand gripping tightly around his dagger, Xue Yang was nervous more than he let it show.

Wei Wuxian suddenly smiled. Nie Huaisang’s judgement wasn’t wrong. Xue Yang is still human capable of being saved.

He pondered, Xue Yang was also said to repair the Stygian Tiger Amulet to its half power with just self-study. Xue Yang was a natural in demonic cultivation and was obviously a genius. Instead of letting him experiment on his own that could result to him being in the derange state that he would be in the future, why not guide him?

No one is inherently evil. Wei Wuxian also knew clearly that it will be based on his teaching if demonic cultivation will negatively affect Xue Yang’s heart. It will be a huge responsibility but Wei Wuxian had decided, “Spiritual or resentful energy, you have to know that what’s important is where you will use it. No matter what you had experienced, promise me that you will only use your power to fight the evil and help the weak.”

Xue Yang dumbly stared at him for a while before it sunk into his little head, “You mean…”

Wei Wuxian nodded. Xue Yang suddenly chuckled and bowed to his new master, “Fight the evil… hehe. Master, this one understand!”

Wei Wuxian had not understand these words, but when that time came, it would dawn to him that everyone had wronged Xue Yang deeply in their past lives.

The group of four headed inside the brothel using a secret passage way. Waiting at its end was a breathtakingly beautiful maiden dressed as a high end courtesan. Wei Wuxian was heroically and charmingly kind of seductive beauty but this courtesan was a fragile like beauty that would naturally earn the protection of any man. Seeing that Lan Wangji and Xue Yang were unaffected by her charm, Wei Wuxian had to admit that among men, there were really some that are anomalies.