Chapter 31: This woman is Wei Wuxian

۞ 
Chapter Thirty One

It was as though the shadow of the past played in front of Lan Wangji’s eyes. An injured Wei Wuxian without his consciousness was once again lying in his arms, his body was cold and his breathing ragged. Wei Wuxian looked so fragile; it was as though a blow of a wind could shatter his body to pieces.

Now that Wei Wuxian is unconscious, his defense was completely gone and all his weakness was displayed. Lan Wangji could see it clearly. Wei Wuxian was tired and exhausted, Wei Wuxian was aching, both body, mind, and spiritually.

Watching this version of Wei Wuxian that differed greatly with the cheerful youth in his memory, Lan Wangji felt his heart being squeezed tightly. He… he still couldn’t keep him safe. He became complacent for the months that had passed so smoothly and thought that what he was doing to protect Wei Wuxian was enough. But a moment of negligence had caused this bad thing to happen to Wei Wuxian. Lan Wangji’s jaw tightened. He couldn’t help but blame himself for what happened.

Lan Wangji carefully supported Wei Wuxian down the ground, leaning the small frame against his own broad chest, not caring about the dirt on the ground or the blood that came from Wei Wuxian staining his pristine white robes. His long eyelashes casted a gloomy shadow under the moonlight as he worriedly looked down at the person in his arms.

His hand unnoticeably shook as he put his two fingers against the thin wrist of Wei Wuxian, gently tracing his meridians with spiritual energy.  

Wei Wuxian’s meridians were in chaos, becoming the battlefield of two opposing energies. Not like before, they could no longer keep each other in-check. The resentful energy was definitely ferocious and wouldn’t let the newly formed golden core to stabilize. Facing the bombardment from the denser resentful energy, the golden core started to be unstable causing the flow of the spiritual energy to be chaotic.

Spiritual energy could not soothe its own flow, what more guard against the resentful energies? This situation.. Lan Wangji was afraid that Wei Wuxian was having a minor Qi deviation!

Lan Wangji furrowed his brow as his mouth turned grim. He decisively pushed Wei Wuxian’s accupoints, sealing his spiritual power for now. Sometimes, the greatest way to survive is to retreat. By sealing the golden core in Wei Wuxian’s body, the resentful energy will believe that it had already won. This way, it wouldn’t bother the hidden golden core of Wei Wuxian Afterwards, Lan Wangji will play cleansing music to reduce the amount of resentful energy in Wei Wuxian’s body. But it was a temporary solution and Wei Wuxian should still be check by a skilled healer. Lan Wangji could only think of one person to do this. The person who had also helped soothe Wei Wuxian’s relapse in his previous life, Wen Qing.

After temporarily settling Wei Wuxian’s situation, Lan Wangji finally had time to deal with Jiang Cheng.

Lan Wangji let go of Wei Wuxian’s wrist, gently placing it down. He raised his head, looking at Jiang Cheng angrily with evident trace of blame and animosity.

Jiang Cheng whose mind was still in turmoil for all the shocks that he had received this night was taken aback. Lan Wangji was never been friendly with him throughout this confrontation, but this time, he truly felt the chill in the other’s eyes penetrating to his bones. This aura, Jiang Cheng had an illusion that he was facing some powerful experienced elder. But how could Lan Wangji whose age was not far from his could release such aura? It was really impossible. Jiang Cheng suppressed this weird feeling as he shifted his gazed towards the unconscious person in Lan Wangji’s arms. His eyes that was looking at Wei Wuxian suddenly became complicated.