Chapter 39: Chang Clan Extermination

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Thirty Nine

In Yueyang City, the Chang Clan was the overlord. They are the only cultivation clan in the area and thus, was very powerful compared to common people. They could be considered the local tyrants of Yueyang and couldn’t be considered as good people. They are arrogant and like to demonstrate their authority over the weak.

These things are normal for the territories that are not governed by the major sects. The major sects have many things to take care of and will only intervene when they receive a formal complaint. But was it really easy for normal people to make contact with the major sects? Normally, major sects will use the governor to mediate. Unfortunately, in Yueyang City’s case, their governor was the dog of Chang Clan. Not to mention receive their complaints, the governor will even imprison them on his own accord. This was the strong influence of hierarchy and was really hard to change.

Being tyrants was one thing, but this time, the Chang Clan had gone overboard. This Chang Clan… they were not that different from Wen Rouhan. They were the parasites of the society and what should be done to parasites? They should be exterminated!

Carrying the black dog in his arms, Wei Wuxian dragged Lan Wangji towards the Chang Clan residence. Earlier, Elder Heiying already searched for the location of the remaining Yin Iron. It's only because of the limitation with his corporeal body that he was not able to take it away.

However, it doesn’t matter since it was their original plan to let the dream demon survey the situation first. Whereas, it's going to be Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's job to take it away in the middle of the night.

All was quiet. The household lights had already been blown out, and the doors of the Chang Clan residence were shut tightly as well. From outside of the tall walls, the courtyard seemed to be pitch black, but as Wei WuXian leaped up the wall, before he even reached the roof, he suddenly paused, Something’s wrong.

Lan Wangji felt it as well, whispering, “There is a barrier"

Elder Heiying spoke in his arms, "those with secrets to keep will always be careful."

Wei Wuxian thought about what Elder Heiying narrated earlier. His eyes flashed a glint of murderous intent as he nodded silently.

He exchanged glances with Lan Wangji and they tacitly jumped from the wall. The two landed soundlessly and left the main entrance. They went to a corner on the other side of the Chang Clan residence and carefully climbed up.

After hiding behind a rooftop, they finally peeked into the courtyard. As he saw what's inside, Wei Wuxian couldn't help but gaped in shock. Even Lan Wangji's eyes shrank, his gaze sharp and cold.

In the Chang Clan courtyard were many people and candlelight. It wouldn't be wrong to say that every member of the Chang Clan was present. From youngest to eldest, women, and men, all were there holding a candle as they stood in a circular pattern. They were surrounding hundreds of lumps with the familiar piece of iron floating in the center.

Wei Wuxian squinted his eyes and as he saw clearly what those lumps are, he almost jumped impulsively to hack all the members of the Chang Clan into pieces. Wei Wuxian gritted his teeth! These lumps are clearly children! Some are even infants! Had it not been for the firm hands that was holding his hand and caressing it soothingly, he would really start a massacre.

Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian’s eyes as he gently shook his head. “Wei Ying, it’s too late.”

Wei Wuxian’s pupils shrank. He looked back at the Chang Clan’s Courtyard. Reality showed him that it was indeed too late. With the presence of red fluid seeping from their bodies, it was obvious that they were already dead.  Wei Wuxian’s heart clenched with anger. "How could they... "